Snow leopard help for Toshiba Satellite pro

shovon666

7 posts in this topic

Last 3 months I am trying to install SL on my notebook. But I got different problems, specially graphics related. I really want a solution. If any one can help, Please?

My system:

• Toshiba satellite pro L510 B402
  • Intel Core 2 duo T6570 2.10 GHz
  • InsyheH2O BIOS version 1.50
  • 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3 RAM (1066 BUS)
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series (512MB) (0x9553) (resolution-1366x768)
  • Realtek High Definition Audio
  • Realtek LAN (DEV_8136) WLAN (rtl 8191SE)
  • 250GB Hitachi HDD.

Here is what i did so far.

1. 10.6 Retail install with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Only can set up and run in safe mode (-x during boot). Graphics become 1024x768. Keyboard, Touchpad fine. But after installing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] the system don't run. (Choose [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with system cache repair and permission. Also tried different kext combination)

2. Iatkos s3. Only can run in safe mode. Others same as 1.

3. Hazard 10.6.6i. Most successful with following problems

• After removing all ATI kexts and GraphicsEnabler=YES can boot. Resolution stuck @ 1024x768. System profiler showing ATI mobility 4500 series 256 MB!

With
ATI framebuffer
and
X2000 kext
after boot screen become messed colors and pixels. Tried with
Netkas 4500 controler, x2000 kexts and framebuffer
but get KP. If replace boot file with Netkas one but system just restart.

Also tried with Graphics Mode=1366x768x32 during boot and editing com.apple.plist. No succsess.

Tried myself with original kexts and editing
info.plist
with my
dev id
. Sometimes system boot and show
gray screen
, sometime it just restart. With these also tried with
AtiConfig
="". (Alopias, Baboon, Eulemur, Quail, Flicker, Wormy etc).
Eulemur
and
Wormy
gave gray screen several times. Others just restart again.

Without GraphicsEnabler
system run as same. System profiler said GPU, No kext loaded.

With
GPU-Z
tried to make
ATI rom
. But GPU-Z said
BIOS image not supported for this card

• Sound Working with VoodooHDA but not the mic.
  • Keyboard-touchpad works but when try to enable trackpad click the System preference panel crash. Tried Voodoo ps2 controller with no success. External keyboard, mouse fine. But other system preferences working fine.
  • Tried rtl8100. Lan worked 1 time. No wifi. Can install my usb wimax modem and brouse. But sometimes system don't find the device.
  • Notebook become too hot but Processor fan is running.Tried Voodoo powmini and powermanagement package. Little success but cant use for long time.
  • USB working. System can recognize and use external hdd and windows partition.
  • Can install software and use them.
  • If don't use for 15-20 min. system hang.

Sorry for my bad English. I am searching web for solutions but no help yet. Please somebody help......

with ati 4500 mobility qe/ci is full support but hot cpu problem not solved i can not fix and can not use leopard notebook burning

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;mode=linear

Thanks for your quick reply. I think you understand that I am quite new in such thing. Please help me little more.

I got all the kexts from that link. During setup I choose DSDT patch but there is no dsdt.aml in my /Extra/ directory. Should I just put the aml file I just downloaded there?

I am using chameleon RC5. Do I need to install the downloaded one? I didn't found any article to how I use the boot file? Can you help me with it?

Since you ask help at Dell Studio 1557 thread, please do these:-

1. Setup remote connection. You can connect to your mac remotely via vnc. This is useful to collect useful information such as IORegistry dump.
  2. I also need you to obtain RadeonHD's log in Mac OS X using dong's RadeonHD.kext. Please use dong's RadeonHD (10/20/2009 update). Remember, the 10/20/2009 update. In the package there is a tool called RadeonDump. Use it to obtain RadeonHD's log. Make sure you installed the RadeonHD.kext first & at least one external monitor connected to HDMI (if possible).
  3. Please execute RadeonDump like this:-
    sudo -s
    ./RadeonDump > Encoder.txt

4. Please explain your OS X setup. Are you using vanilla kernel? (anything at all)
  5. Please list legacy or foreign kexts you currently use in OS X.
  6. I want to know the content of your com.apple.Boot.plist.

Since you ask help at Dell Studio 1557 thread, please do these:-

1. Setup remote connection. You can connect to your mac remotely via vnc. This is useful to collect useful information such as IORegistry dump.
  2. I also need you to obtain RadeonHD's log in Mac OS X using dong's RadeonHD.kext. Please use dong's RadeonHD (10/20/2009 update). Remember, the 10/20/2009 update. In the package there is a tool called RadeonDump. Use it to obtain RadeonHD's log. Make sure you installed the RadeonHD.kext first & at least one external monitor connected to HDMI (if possible).
  3. Please execute RadeonDump like this:-
    sudo -s
    ./RadeonDump > Encoder.txt

4. Please explain your OS X setup. Are you using vanilla kernel? (anything at all)
  5. Please list legacy or foreign kexts you currently use in OS X.
  6. I want to know the content of your com.apple.Boot.plist.

Hi,

First Thank you for the reply. I am much newer in this field and don't know most things. I set up using Leohazard 10.6.6i. I choose no gfx and wLan driver. Choose voodoo ps2, Iofamily patch, dsdt patch, usb fix, and laptop battery, card reader etc. Install new chameleon rc5 but nothing changed except it boots lots quicker. Laptop become heated a lot. Install VoodooPowMini kext and Power management bundle. The heat is less than previous but still much. Can't change touchpad settings. When tried system preference pane crashes. Install VoodooPS2 package. Laptop keyboard and touch pad stopped working but usb Mouse and keyboard is fine. So rollback to the old one. It contain ApplePS2 and VoodooTrackPad kexts.

I got fixed 1024x768 resolution. In terminal tried "ioreg -l" and found no IODisplayEDID. So from windows got EDID from MonInfo Raw data and add EDID into Display-717. But nothing changed except color become greenish/bluish. When choose generic RGB profile it become ok. But couldn't change resolution and no QE/CI.

There is no DSDT.aml file in my system. I also tried to create ATI rom in windows but the soft say not supported for this card.

****Last day I install Lion ATI 4600 controller, Framebuffer and support kexts. I keep the X2000 with plugin and bundles. Than boot with EmpireEFI (ATI) disk and install the My_hack. The profiler is showing ATI Radeon HD 4600, 512 MB and can change resolution (My native one is there 1366x768). I think its also got QE/CI cause the apple logo is greenish and I can watch ScreenSavers. But the total display is raw messy colors which almost impossible to see and work. But I connect a CRT monitor to the vga port and it works fine with out any problem. But no change in internal LCD. From ioreg -l its showing Display-le3. I add edid into that override but no change. Track pad is working fine also. Heat little less.

When I boot with GraphicsEnabler=NO the LCD color is full ok. But showing no mouse cursor, Just some horizontal pixel color lines. When increase the cursor size a lot it appears. System is showing Mobility Radeon 4500 Series, 256 MB and I can change resolution to my native one but no refrash rate is present. No screen saver is showing and the apple logo is gray. From ioreg -l its showing Display-717. I add edid into that override but no change.****

In my com.apple.Boot.plist file-

• EHCIacquire-->Yes (without this usb don't work)
  • GraphicsEnabler=y
  • Graphics Mode-->1366x768x32
  • Instant Menu-->Yes
  • Kernel-->mach_kernel
  • Kernel Flags-->arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1
  • Theme-->Default
  • Timeout-->5

This is what I've done upto my present state. I understand the RadeonDump command. It should be given in Terminal. But where should I put it? And where would I find the Encoder.txt?

Please don't mind for my lack of knowledge and forgive my bad English.

Thanks.

Shovon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kizwan,

I was trying to pm you for some days but can't. After reading various posts I think you can help me with my hackintosh problem. I am almost there. Actually my hackintosh is working quite well. But still can't manage laptop's LCD working. But got full QE/CI in external monitor at VGA port (any lcd or crt). And can use both dual monitor or mirror.

I use Leohazard 10.6.6i and update with 10.6.7 combo in safe mode. Than install legacy_kernel-10.7.0 I used Lion kexts (the 4600 controller, framebuffer and atiSupport). Boot with empire1063-ati disk and install the myHack. Than I install Chameleon v2.RC5 r700 (cause it boot quite fast in my system). Now with GraphicsEnabler=y and arch=i386 I can boot into my OSx normally and everything works fine except my LCD. It shows scrambled color.

I pointed that the internal LCD don't has any refresh rate option but the external has. So I think its an edid issue. I check ioreg -l and the edid is same what I got from windows. I also tried with display override. The display ioreg showing, isn't present in my S/L/D/O so I create one by copying one existing display and change the vendor, product id and EDID. But nothing changed except showing the custom display name as my monitor in system pref.

From one of your post I saw that you worked out with mobility 4530. I install your framebuffer and replace the boot file. But the system won't run. I also tried with your dsdt. I don't have any dsdt file in my system. So I used PCIRootUID=1 in my boot plist file. But no luck.

I don't understand what is the problem. Is it with my framebuffer or EDID?

And you are right. With 10.6.7 update the system get less hot. But after update my touchpad tabbing stoped work. I am using ApplePS2, AplePCINub and VoodooTrackpad kexts. Sounds, LAN and webcam are working great. Using my usb wimax modem fine.

Can you please give me some way? I am quite new but I got this hackintosh much interesting. I tried to learn how to create dsdt or custom framebuffer. But can't find any post which suites a noobe like me.

Please help me. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Shovon