Finder Window

rayap

9 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Now with DP2 there are two Question Marks on the Finder. Clicking them shows a dialog saying Can't Find Item.

Finder_Window.tiff

P.S.

Dragged the default set to the toolbar under view options to rid ?

That means the icon can't find its path. Like your trying to launch an app in your dock, but you delete the app from your computer. It gets the q mark

• 6 months later...
iver been told to reinstall the OSX but i dont have a osx install dvd.

in oreder to fix the questionmark issue you have to reinstall the OS or restore from OSX disk

corrupt hard disk (bad sector) cause files to disappear.

since u dont have the dual layer to burn 10.5.x .. put hd in second hackintosh or mac.. and repartition disk with 2.. then second partition make 10 gb.. to restore the os x 10.5.x retail.dmg to it. then place back in laptop and boot.

install should start. and in future u can boot that partition with option or command.. forgot which key it is. (to select partition)

EDIT: PowerBook G4 15" USB 8gb restored 10.5.4 to it But for PPC=G4,G5 Apple partition map (in partition tab, advanced button)

boot with the Option Button and then it shows Install DVD in usb :o it BOOTS!

this is a easy fix just copy the program back thats missing using pacifist

thats how i fixed it make sure you using the same version otherwise you could crash ya system

yep.. then next week something else will be missing if hdd is 6 yrs old going bad.

• 2 weeks later...

wow just like i called it. i got a friends PowerBook G4 15" wouldnt let me boot DVD DL Leo 10.5.6 copy or tiger 10.4 cd1 of 4.

soo i reset nvram on it, then it rebots and started to boot cd tiger then stopped.. meanwhile dvd 10.5.6 almost starts and would not. (picky drive)

BAD HARD DISK sectors or head.

i listened a lil clicking of hdd as pc was brought to me to fix no boot. = bad hd ide 2.5" original apple logo on bottom so its old!

swapped to a 30 gb that i know was good.. now i was able to boot 8gb sandisk black with "Apple Partition Map" 10.5.4 usb i resored .dmg to it.

WOW i thought it could NOT boot USB ?? guess not GUID as its PPC G4 :) "Apple Partition Map" WORKS on USB 8gb (sandisk i tested) Powermac model A1046