Mixing tiger and leopard

orph3us

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I hope this isn't a forbidden topic, but how viable would it be to take the new safari (i don't really care about the new ichat although it would be cool to check out, among other apps) to a current Tiger installation. Also how easy would it be to take Spaces (anyone know exactly how its integrated in the system?) and put it also to a Tiger installation. Hope this makes sense and someone knows the answer :P Thanks for your time

-Paul

I know that spaces works on Tiger, but I can't get Safari to load on Tiger.

What Gaber means to say is that you "can" get it to work, but it will make it so you can no longer access your Expose & Dashboard prefPane.

You need to pre-configure everything in Leopard, install the updated Expose prefpane through Pacifist along with a few additional files and then copy some configuration files over.

I saw a posting about how to do it in the big 97-page thread that the mods killed for "legal" reasons about a week ago. I will see if I can find a cached version somewhere to list the exact files needed.

The thing that I would like more than anything in Tiger is the ability to control icon spacing and grid sizes as we have here under Leopard.

That blows so hard when I go back to Tiger every day.