World of Warcraft

elHam

18 posts in this topic

Yes, I need World of Warcraft installer files for Mac. My DVD is broken and i cannot copy them from disk. I have only this: Installer.exe; Installer Tome (2,3,4,5).mpq. Can somebody upload (installer files for Mac) in one archive or send to email. How match they?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, all you have to do to play Wow is:

1- Install the game

2- Apply the 1.8 patch, if you get some error installing it, put the the patch file inside your wow folder

3- You need an account to play, try making one in outofdate.net

4- To play the game, you need the wow launcher, it's a program to evade the blizzard servers and use whatever server you want, you need to manually put the i.p. adress, this is the adress for outofdate 84.161.84.9

5- When tha main game screen appears all you have to do it's put your account name and password, that you just created in outofdate.

6- Enjoy the game, loke for me in the game, look for Elessar

Well, all you have to do to play Wow is:

1- Install the game

2- Apply the 1.8 patch, if you get some error installing it, put the the patch file inside your wow folder

3- You need an account to play, try making one in outofdate.net

4- To play the game, you need the wow launcher, it's a program to evade the blizzard servers and use whatever server you want, you need to manually put the i.p. adress, this is the adress for outofdate 84.161.84.9

5- When tha main game screen appears all you have to do it's put your account name and password, that you just created in outofdate.

6- Enjoy the game, loke for me in the game, look for Elessar

Heh. When I use 1.0.1 - 1.9.4 client, he trying to connct, but to old for me. When I patch to 1.10.1 (UB), client just write "unable to connect".

to play on private servers, for example on servers running mangos, you need to have 1.10.2 version of wow, or if it's a server wich runs on the unofficial not supported version of mangos you need version 1.11.2

if you want to play on wowemu servers, wich need hacked patch version of wow, you can only play on them with a hacked patch for 1.11.2 for osx, wich is btw for the german version of wow, so if you aply the patch to your en-us wow, the wow interface is in german.

you can also play on wow-emu servers with version 1.8.0 of wow, but version 1.8.0 of wow is not a universal binary.

lots of mac users are looking for the 1.10.1 to 1.10.2 patch for wow, so they can play on mangos 1.10.2 servers, but nobody has yet found the patch anywhere.

there must be some mac user out there who plays the original wow and still has the 1.10.2 patch on his hdd in his wow folder, but apparently can't be bothered to share this patch.

you can however play the alpha version of the burning crusade on some private servers, because you can download a mac version from blizzards site, but since the burning crusade is not yet officially released, these private servers for it are mostly totally empty with no NPC's spawned in it, so you can only walk around and explore the new maps, like outland, but that's it.

to support 1.10.1 osx version of wow, you need to modify the file Common.h in the mangos source,

it's under src/shared/Common.h

change the line:

#define EXPECTED_MANGOS_CLIENT_BUILD {5302,0}

to:

#define EXPECTED_MANGOS_CLIENT_BUILD {5230,5302,0}

then you can login with 1.10.1 (5230) client