OS X Tiger-ready "seal"?

8 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I know all the information is available through search on HCL and the forums. But I think it would greatly help the comminity, its growth and the newbies if we could set up a "wish list" or shopping cart in newegg or similar outlets for a machine that works out of the box (or almost out of the box) with OS X. The idea would be selecting a motherboard (or even better, if one works, a barebones), a hadr drive, memory, optical drive and processor, with some variations according to budget available.

Is this a good idea? I think it would promote osx86 adoption...

The company my friends and I started a while back, Aelatis Technology Inc., will be selling "OSx86 Ready" machines. They will have all the hardware necessary to run Mac OS X with the best performance for price the buyer will pay. We're still working out a few issues, but they should be available by the end of 2006. We're also in the beginning stages of working out a give-away which will be exlusive to the InsanelyMac community.

I like this idea as well. The HCL is so confusing to me since different people report things differently. Then there are differences for the different versions of OSX.

I just bought an Intel D915PBL mobo with a P4 3.4CPU and now I need to know what the best video card is to get.

Maybe some sort of a "Recommended" logo would be nice.

There will be a few different "OSx86 Ready" machines. They will most likely range from $400 - $2,500 Canadian. Zedzed, the ATi x1600 series of video cards seem to be working well with OS X x86 according to some posts on these forums.