Not Supported Installation Method...

se1zure

5 posts in this topic

I get this error when i open the OSInstall.mpkg

post-51462-1155877750_thumb.jpg

ANyone know why... I'm going to install on an external, and everyone makes its ound easy... I ust keep getting error messages... I am using ppc imac g4, running panther (at the moment). DO I need to try the install in tiger... WHat does this message mean?

I got this when I tried to install iLife 06 a few weeks ago.

I had to open the package, and uncompress the pax file, and find th eother .mpkg inside of it, and ran it, and it worked fine. But something the size of leopard.... I wouldn't do it unless you have a lot of disk space.

I got this when I tried to install iLife 06 a few weeks ago.

I had to open the package, and uncompress the pax file, and find th eother .mpkg inside of it, and ran it, and it worked fine. But something the size of leopard.... I wouldn't do it unless you have a lot of disk space.

So do you reccomend that I re-download the whole leaked leopard again.. perhaps from a different source. Maybe thats the answer... otherwise, anyone think they could email me thair OSInstall.mpkg ? If thats alll I need... :)

Or, perhaps I could create 2 partitons on the external, reinstall panther on one, then use that install to put leopard on the second. ( I may need tiger for the install... so perhaps I should go borrow my brothers powerbook w/ tiger.... :P)

You don't mention what machine your using. Different machines seem to have different issues and require different ways of installing. I had the same issue you did and also could not install form the DVD. This method in this post worked for me on my old B&W machine. 

see this topic :

"For those who are having trouble installing Leopard. Try this.it works."