Asus ul30vt, ul50vt, ul80vt collective knowledge

mchiu

9 posts in this topic

The ul30vt, ul50vt, and ul80vt are siblings with the same insides but differing screen sizes. Thus, I think doing the post installation on these should be similar.

The initial installation is not hard. I've had success with the myhack method, which uses the retail DVD. I also succeeded with iatkos s3 v2, but I believe in using the retail disks. My install was 10.6.0, and I used Apple combo update to get to 10.6.6.

For the post installation, I've been using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. So far, this is what I have:

works:

1360 x 768 resolution

wired ethernet (Atheros driver)

wireless (using airlink101 AWLL5088, a tiny usb adapter. 10.6 drivers)

keyboard, trackpad

usb

not working:

qe/ci

sleep/wake

I would write a guide, but you don't want to follow my methods. I probably have a hybrid 10.6.6 system now since my solution to resolving kernel panics was to copy over my backups of the /S/L/Extensions and /Extra directory. So, most of my system is 10.6.6, but my those two directories are not.

Credit goes to the author of the ul50vt entry. I just wish I could contact him/her to find out how to get qe/ci to work ...

More details in a post coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, glad to see some new interest in OSX for the ULX0VT series of notebooks. Keep me posted. It would be nice to have a snow leopard laptop again, since I sold my dual boot Mini 10v. I have the black version of the UL30VT. Good luck, looking forward to your next post.

• 1 month later...

hi guys

i'm new here and i was wondering if somebody can post a tutorial to install mac os x on a asus ul50vt.i have tried many tutorials but none of them work.i have panic screens all the time.

thx in advance

Hello!

I have Asus UL50VT and thanks to this forum and the whole OSx86 community, I now have the latest Snow Leopard (updated iATKOS S3 v2) working perfectly.

I almost posted a couple of threads searching for advice, but everything got sorted out quite fast. So I'm here only to thank you ^_^

Hello!

I have Asus UL50VT and thanks to this forum and the whole OSx86 community, I now have the latest Snow Leopard (updated iATKOS S3 v2) working perfectly.

I almost posted a couple of threads searching for advice, but everything got sorted out quite fast. So I'm here only to thank you ^_^

hi Meizirkki,

is there a posibility for you to post a tutorial and the kext's that you have used?thanks in advance

I used iATKOS s3 v2. So I'm not sure if vanilla version would need more kexts :/

There's a how-to for retail SL

EDIT:

There's nothing about QE/Cl in my system profiler, but Xbench does QE test without any problems and it run very smooth. I guess it works?

• 7 months later...