DVD Burner on Windows PC

Paranoid Marvin

7 posts in this topic

I have all the files that you need to install Leopard, but the DVD burner is on the other PC in the house (the files can be transfered over the network)

Could someone please tell me how I can take xcode off the .dmg and then convert it to an .iso that will fit on one DVD?

thanks

I have converted it to a read/write file, and removed xcode - but the image is still showing up as 5.05gb?!

Heh. That's what should happen. Converting it to read/write just allowed you to write and delete from the disk image. It's still a 5.05GB disk image.

Well, I have the same problem here. And I guess there is no way to burn this without xcode (maybe not even with xcode) on a windows pc.

Xcode can be removed by creating a new image of 4,7 GB with the disk utility app. Then you can use carbon copy cloner to copy the contents of the original dmg to the new one without the xcode folder.

After that the dmg can be converted in the terminal (using: "hdiutil convert old.dmg -format UDTO -o new.iso") to a windows usable iso-file. But if you burn this with Nero on Win, this DVD isn't bootable.

So don't waste your DVD media on this!

Transmac isn't working on the original file. (No HFS volume detected)

I'm gonna try it again with my self created carbon copy image and will post the result here.

If this doesn't work, I don't give a {censored} about Leopard at this moment anymore. I will wait till the release of the final version, get in a store and buy the dvd. Maybe I'm buying an external Firewire-HD (hints for good discs appreciated :D ) and use this for installation (people here say this works without problems).

Cya later guys!