Kext Archive.

8 posts in this topic

With all the kexts spread around the web, I think it's time to create an Archive full of all the unmodified, modified, and user created OS X kext files. This would make it much easier to work with OS X86. I am offering my dedicated server to start this project.

Feel free to send me Kexts mackinhack@gmail.com

With all the kexts spread around the web, I think it's time to create an Archive full of all the unmodified, modified, and user created OS X kext files. This would make it much easier to work with OS X86. I am offering my dedicated server to start this project.

Feel free to send me Kexts mackinhack@gmail.com

I think THEY could shut down your server...

• 2 weeks later...

I never talked about OpenDarwin anyway. OpenDarwin is a separate project who happened to mirror sources too.

Can someone explain the legal problems to us? I'd like to know if I can, for example, patch the source of a public Darwin kext and distribute it, either binary or source.

I never talked about OpenDarwin anyway. OpenDarwin is a separate project who happened to mirror sources too.

Can someone explain the legal problems to us? I'd like to know if I can, for example, patch the source of a public Darwin kext and distribute it, either binary or source.

Move it overseas to prevent problems with broken U.S. laws. I believe the U.S. is the only lame country that has laws like this at the moment. That is unless they infect others like Australia. Ask thepiratebay.org if they will host it. They have hosted a project for a friend in the past. His project was legal in every country but the U.S.A.... A supposedly free country.

I find that I increasingly have to move projects overseas because I am not free to create software anymore. It has become illegal for me to innovate.