Dell Inspiron 545 Hackintosh

drGsus

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm really struggling getting Snow Leopard to work on my DELL Inspiron 545.

Specs:

CPU Typ: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)

Motherboard Name: Dell Inspiron 545

Motherboard Chipsatz: Intel Bearlake G33

Grafikkarte: ATI Radeon HD 4350 (512 MB)

6GB RAM

I have tried installing the iAtkos S3v2. But with no success, I mixed every possible option with the kexts, but my biggest accomplishment was the Installation successfull screen. But It wouldn't load, with "Still waiting for Root Device".

I also tried using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and a Retail Disc, with lifehacker's tutorial (http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-mac-and-install-os-x-in-eight-easy-steps).

But the Installation won't even start, and I get a grey apple logo screen, with a symbol over it(a circle, with a line over it, like the no smoking sign. Haven't found the word for that :D)

Is maybe someone out there, who succesfully managed to get the thing working on a Inspiron 545?

Kind regards.

In my hackintosh, "Still waiting for a root device error" was caused by the fact that SATA controller kext is missing from Extra/Extensions. Yours probably is NVidia based so I'm guessing your iAtkos does not have these kexts. Try installing it with a retail dvd using boot-132 method, with the necessary dsdt and kexts for your hardware.

edit: I'm using a different computer by the way.

ok guys, I made a lot of progression, but kinda hit the wall right now, and am out of possibilities :thumbsup_anim:.

Alright:

I followed this guys advice: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1389509

I used :

• NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • AppleRTC.kext
  • SleepEnabler.kext
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext

The problem:

My HDD wasn't recognized at all (With IDE or RAID).

So I followed this guys advice from the same thread (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=193277&view=findpost&p=1306834)

And it worked (when I switched in RAID Mode in BIOS).

The install went flawlessly and I got a Installation succesful message.

I restart and boot into chameleon. I boot from the newly installed partition. I get a apple logo with the loading circle, after that I get the no smoking sign w/o the cigarette.

When I boot with verbose on, There is something about nanoseconds, but not a real error message. And it gets stuck with that.

Is it possibly that my Graphics card is the culprit? since it is one of the variables with the Dell Inspiron 545, because there are a lot of models with a GeForce card, but with the rest of the specs nearly identical.

But there are posts in this and other forums, that people try to get the ATI 4350 to work, because they can't get it fully working. My problem is that I can't even get the OS to boot, so I think this shouldn't be the problem.

Please help, I kinda hit a brick wall.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same exact configuration except mine has a G31 Chipset.

/

I used this SnowOSX release and followed this guide and I have the same problem, I too thought it was the ATI 4350 that was causing the problem, but after trying out ANARCHiNTOSH's Guide, the problem still persists.

Normal Boot gives me a White Screen, and Verbose Mode just shows me dots all over the screen after the bit where it says "DSMOS is here".

brickwall.gif

• 8 months later...

I have exactly the same Dell 545 MT except mine comes with GT220 for graphics.

If you still need help, let me know.

Hey guys,

I'm really struggling getting Snow Leopard to work on my DELL Inspiron 545.

Specs:

CPU Typ: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)

Motherboard Name: Dell Inspiron 545

Motherboard Chipsatz: Intel Bearlake G33

Grafikkarte: ATI Radeon HD 4350 (512 MB)

6GB RAM

I have tried installing the iAtkos S3v2. But with no success, I mixed every possible option with the kexts, but my biggest accomplishment was the Installation successfull screen. But It wouldn't load, with "Still waiting for Root Device".

I also tried using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and a Retail Disc, with lifehacker's tutorial (http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-mac-and-install-os-x-in-eight-easy-steps).

But the Installation won't even start, and I get a grey apple logo screen, with a symbol over it(a circle, with a line over it, like the no smoking sign. Haven't found the word for that :rolleyes: )

Is maybe someone out there, who succesfully managed to get the thing working on a Inspiron 545?

Kind regards.

• 8 months later...

Hey ElGringo, as you can see in my sig i have the same rig as you, except for the videocard and the cpu.

I installed Lion 10.7.3 with iHack, everything went perfect and i have updated to 10.7.4 without problems. Try creating an usb key with iHack and see how it goes.