Spaces in Tiger?

alan

9 posts in this topic

I tried messing around with it for a bit.

What I see now is that it looks like the expose.prefpane file is going to need to be edited for it to work with tiger.

The expose file that comes with leopard will not work with tiger, Looking at the source of it, It looks like it requires 1.5 or higher to even run and install.

I continued looking into it, I doubt it will be hacked into Tiger any time soon. Here is why.

If you drag and drop "spaces" from Leopard Applications to Tiger, and then open it, It will bring up Tigers Preference Pane, But ofcourse, there is no where to modify Spaces on Tiger.

Then, If you 'install' expose.Prefpane(Leopard) on to Tiger's Prefpane, It will install, on the System Prefs plane it will say "Expose and Spaces" when you goto open it though, It will not open.

From what I see sofar, It is not possible to run Spaces with out the help of the Prefpane file

Guest bikedude880

It is probably built on the new frameworks that were mentioned at WWDC. If anything, I highly doubt that Spaces will be available for Tiger unless Apple releases it, otherwise, it will most likely never happen.

i should sue apple for stealing my name but hey i like what heir doing with it.

i tried it installed fine but cant open it. I think it depends on the new framework leopard will be using.

lol ... :)

I tried as well, and couldn't get any of the ripped out apps to work correctly.