Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iDerf2006

Installation fails on PPC G4 Mac mini...

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I went out in search for DVD-R DL discs, but to no avail. I DID find DVD+R DL discs, which I prayed (and assumed) would work fine. I'm not sure if this is a reason for the following...

Archive and Install, and Upgrade I've tried so far on top of Tiger. All have resulted in a warning symbol while installing "Essentials" saying that there was an error installing to /Volumes/Macintosh HD. I'm actually re-installing Tiger with Archive and Install, so I hopefully will be able to salvage everything.

But what's going on? Why is this happening? I'm booting from my DVD+R DL, and am quite depressed at it all...

TIA, Brian.

Advertisement

In reply to my own post, it was simply a failed burn. A reburn completely fixed it all, and Leopard is up and running 100% perfectly smooth, fast, and stable. Main OS quality. I just hope that the final version has more goodies, this build is a bit lacking for a new OS...

Hey buddy i also am having a problem, i burn everything in Toast and nothing fails the disk mounts perfectly but when i try to boot it gves me the folder with the question mark. Can you tell me what you did?

Hey buddy i also am having a problem, i burn everything in Toast and nothing fails the disk mounts perfectly but when i try to boot it gves me the folder with the question mark. Can you tell me what you did?

i got the same thing when trying to boot....