Mac Pro BenchMarks (Mac World)

retroz

11 posts in this topic

http://www.macworld.com/2006/08/firstlooks...bench/index.php

"We’ve ordered Mac Pros in a few different configurations and will test them as they arrive. The first machine to come in was the standard configuration—the $2,499 Dual-Core Mac Pro with two 2.66GHz Xeon processors, 1GB of Fully-Buffered DDR2 RAM, a 250GB hard drive, a 16X SuperDrive with double-layer support, and an Nvidia GeForce 7300GT graphics card. This out-of-the-box Mac Pro configuration earned the highest Speedmark score ever recorded in our tests."

- source MACWORLD

MACPROBENCHMARKS.png

Why did all the review sites get the standard 7300GT, imo if they are paying for the hardware out of their pockets they should've gotten the X1900 and let us see how good the new Mac Pro can be in gaming as well.

Got to build a Load of comps for a Gaming Related Company soon. :) maybe ill earn myself a macbook pro lappy or might get me some Quad Workstation Goodness. God i bet that Workstation would fly with nicely compiled Software and a Few High End Graphics Cards..

The Realm of true RealTime Computing is not that a Distant Prospect for us Home Users no more. Would liked to have Seen all Cores used in Mac Pro Core2 Architerue (Edit: just checked, and it does indeed use it) and a MemController on a Single Die TBH, But were perfectionists.

Nice. The Adobe Photoshop CS2 score is due to no universal binary (for those that come on here and bash not knowing what is what). Good stuff.

Yeah, slow in PS is due to non UB, it will fly when it is UB.

The funny thing is I am seeing at some audio sites that they don't see a big difference and think that the stock G5 is fine, which it is to some extent, but this goes with my "dumb" theory. Do they realize that this is vs a quad and that a quad used to be $3499? LOL.

I can't wait to see the 3.0 benchmarks either, in addition, I know AMD is coming out with dual cpu boards and since AMD is that means INTEL will as well which means Asus, Abit, Gigabyte will as well. So in time we should see dual CPU motherboards which means overclocking........since the XEONS already run cool (they are really only called XEONS based on the way they address the memory thus the ECC and the way the core communicate to each other working in tangent.....I am wondering when these boards will hit the streets and who, when, someone here will load OSX 10.4.6/7 on a dou core 2 XEON on a Gigabyte/Asus/Abit and get it up to 3.5, maybe 4.0 gigahertz.

That said, IMHO, if dual display is not figured out, I would go with a Mac Pro, lowest config and swap the CPU's to 3.0 when the quad cores and then otco cores come out.

Just my .03 cents!