D-Link DWL-G510 Wireless PCI help!

gfindlay1

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm having a really weird problem.

I used to have an AMD mobo and processor, but discovered that when running Final Cut Pro, AMD chips can't view the HDV Codec (it's just all green), and one would need to have an Intel board/processor. So I got an Intel setup.

I installed everything the same way, and at first boot, my D-Link DWL-G510 Wireless card was working fine.

On restart, nothing.

Now still, nothing.

In the wiki it says that this card is fully supported and recognized as AirPort, which it WAS on my old system, but what's the difference?

Why did it work on first boot, and then never again?

Someone please help!

Hi, I'm having a really weird problem.

I used to have an AMD mobo and processor, but discovered that when running Final Cut Pro, AMD chips can't view the HDV Codec (it's just all green), and one would need to have an Intel board/processor. So I got an Intel setup.

I installed everything the same way, and at first boot, my D-Link DWL-G510 Wireless card was working fine.

On restart, nothing.

Now still, nothing.

In the wiki it says that this card is fully supported and recognized as AirPort, which it WAS on my old system, but what's the difference?

Why did it work on first boot, and then never again?

Someone please help!

Hmmm...which version of 10.4 did it say that it worked in. If it was an older version you may need to get an older kext for it to work. HTH, but I haven't got a clue other than this.

joneSi

Hmmm...which version of 10.4 did it say that it worked in. If it was an older version you may need to get an older kext for it to work. HTH, but I haven't got a clue other than this.

joneSi

Thats the weird thing, its the exact same version.

10.4.5 worked, and now 10.4.5 doesnt.

Difference? Just my motherboard and processor. That shouldnt affect my PCI Wireless card though...

Anyone?

If you're using something like TextEdit, drag the file to the Desktop. This will make a copy. Edit the copy, save it and drag it back. You should get two dialogs: one to replace the existing file and another to "Authenticate". Click the Authenticate button and give your password.

Run Disk Utility to repair permissions afterward as good measure.