Zotac 8400GS 512MB

jblevins1991

12 posts in this topic

It is very hard to find anything on this specific card. I saw on the odx86 wiki that you dont need any kexts or efi strings with this card and that it works perfectly out of the box with mac os x 10.6.3 snow leopard. is this true if not how do you get it to work i dont want to go out and buy something that will not work.

i appreciate any and all help. thanks guys

It is very hard to find anything on this specific card. I saw on the odx86 wiki that you dont need any kexts or efi strings with this card and that it works perfectly out of the box with mac os x 10.6.3 snow leopard. is this true if not how do you get it to work i dont want to go out and buy something that will not work.

i appreciate any and all help. thanks guys

Will know as soon as mine arrives from Amazon.

It's a cheap card (with HDMI video output) so its worth the risk :P

* Gave up trying to get this ASRock mobo's onboard ION (9400M) to function with QE [CI works but not QE] :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813157194

Good to know elpibe10 keep us posted on if the card works as advertised on osx86wiki, and tell me if that motherboards works, install method etc...etc. i have been thinking about doing a mini itx board

and which version of os x are you installing 10.6.2 or 10.6.3. because im sure after 10.6.2 apple killed the support for the atom processor

Good to know elpibe10 keep us posted on if the card works as advertised on osx86wiki, and tell me if that motherboards works, install method etc...etc. i have been thinking about doing a mini itx board

and which version of os x are you installing 10.6.2 or 10.6.3. because im sure after 10.6.2 apple killed the support for the atom processor

Installed with 10.6.0 and then update to 10.6.5 using this guide (works just as well for 10.6.4 and 10.6.5) :

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/general-ma...ate-thread.html

I'm already done with the Foxconn 45CSX Atom 330 board (also from NewEgg). That one worked perfectly.

It's this ASRock 330ION board that has me stuck for the past few days. I've already spent over 40 hrs trying to fix this non-QE issue but to no avail (thus the need for the 8400GS discrete gfx card).

Installed with 10.6.0 and then update to 10.6.5 using this guide (works just as well for 10.6.4 and 10.6.5) :

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/general-ma...ate-thread.html

I'm already done with the Foxconn 45CSX Atom 330 board (also from NewEgg). That one worked perfectly.

It's this ASRock 330ION board that has me stuck for the past few days. I've already spent over 40 hrs trying to fix this non-QE issue but to no avail (thus the need for the 8400GS discrete gfx card).

So just to verify the Zotac 8400gs 512mb works in 10.6.3 with qe/open gl/cl?

and you said it works when you did a software update?

how did you get it to work?

• 2 weeks later...
well while we are waiting for our good friend to get his card from amazon can anybody confirm or be put to the task to experiment with dual monitors with this card?

Good news !

It's working. Connected to my LED TV via HDMI and it works (full resolution & QE/CI) Out-Of-The-Box with just 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes' :

Zotac8400GS.jpg

Full HD movie is as smooth as it should be.

Great stuff ... gonna get another one as spare ;)

• 3 months later...
doesnt work for me, any help?

tryed

1. Graphicsenabler=YES

2. Graphicsenabler=YES + nvenabler

3. Graphicsenabler=No + nvenabler

just got

i got the ZOTAC GeForce 8400GS LP?

I got my Zotac card from play.com. works with Graphicsenabler=YES. although it does sometimes flake out , like the dock stops animating and expose seems to stop working. may be a heat issue as from cold boot its working fine again.

It's currently running dual screen (HDMI, VGA) in 1080p and 1440x900 :D

• 3 months later...

I just bought this card as well, hoping to get more than 1024x768 but I'm getting a couple Kernel Panics when i try Graphics Enabler = yes. Installing without GEnabler works but like I said it only gets to 1024x768, no other display options. Can anyone help me out?

I should note i'm on iAtkos S3v2

ECS GeForce 7050 vt-m motherboard