Is it because of Hackintosh?

fedriko

9 posts in this topic

Hi i had installed snow leopard and have used it for a couple of months before my computer started rebooting randomly for no reason. I had installed it on an external drive. No matter what OS in use - windows/Linux/OS X - it used to reboot. I took it to a service station where they told me that my motherboard has the problem. Thank goodness it's still covered by warranty and now I have to wait for 15 days for a new one.

Do you think Hackintosh has anything to do with this? I am afraid to install OS X again.

My motherboard is Intel DH55HC with Intel core i3 530 cpu @ 2.93 GHz, 4GB (2GBx2) RAM, Nvidia 9500GT 1GB Video card, Realtek ALC 888s HD Audio, 500 GB internal HDD

Thanks

And voltage regulation. If you have a cheap Power Supply and/or frequently brown outs or noisy power it can easily upset delicate electronics. I always buy the best power supply and motherboard I can afford as they are such critical system components. Haven't had a hardware problem in years..touch wood.

And this is after blowing up a few harddrives, setting a cheap CRT on fire and smoking out a PSU. :angel:

And voltage regulation. If you have a cheap Power Supply and/or frequently brown outs or noisy power it can easily upset delicate electronics. I always buy the best power supply and motherboard I can afford as they are such critical system components. Haven't had a hardware problem in years..touch wood.

And this is after blowing up a few harddrives, setting a cheap CRT on fire and smoking out a PSU. :P

LOL,

Thanks for the responses :)

Never a problem in my case, I am using Mobo Asus + Kingston

I used to have GigaByte but I don't like as it needs lots of DSDT patching and I feel sick of that

I've heard that MSI is the most comparable motherboard for Mac, though I 've never tried