Help fix Resolution to 1280...

Arun Gahlawat™

4 posts in this topic

Greetings Guys,

I have a HP DV4 1404 tu laptop with inbuilt Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Graphics Driver .

After successfully installing of Mac OS X 10.6.2 by hazard every thing is fine and smooth except the screen resolution.

in system preferences it is 1024x768.

I also tried SwitchResX but it also can't change to 1280...

Plz help me in correcting my resolution...

If it's a GMA 4500 I just heard from a Brazilian friend that there's a modified kernel extension that allows you to change resolution. It's available somewhere here on IM but I don't know its name. No hardware accelerated graphics though.

EDIT - see this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...209665&st=0

I would try the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext. You will not have QE/CI, but your resolution options should appear.

Thanks Friends....

The kext AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext really worked for me. Used Kext helper app. for installation... and now i m on 1280x800 resolution and enjoying....

Thanks thanks thanks a lot guys....

Thanks to both of you friends and the IM Comm. for such a nice support...

If it's a GMA 4500 I just heard from a Brazilian friend that there's a modified kernel extension that allows you to change resolution. It's available somewhere here on IM but I don't know its name. No hardware accelerated graphics though.

EDIT - see this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...209665&st=0

Thanks Gringo ...

finally solved the problem...

Thank you very much for let me know its gma 4500 ... i was searching for name mobile intel 4 express chipset ...

Thank you very much .....