270-WS-W555 DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

122 posts in this topic

Anyone using Lion? I was thinking of trying it out this week on my SR-2. Maybe get sleep working perfectly for once.
Yes.

Wake from sleep works with triple channel memory (12 slots), but not double (8 slots), just like SL.

Post 1:Configuration shows what I'm using.

Are you having any problems with the VoodooHDA that you linked in the first post with Lion? I am having intermittent KPs on bootup that normally cite IOPCIFamily, Audio Kexts, or VoodooHDA. I tried deleting AppleHDA, but it wasn't loading anyway. No dice.

I dialed the overclock back down to stock just in case, but no help there either.

edit:

The most recent RC5 Chameleon (1183 or something) causes a KP when combined with the current version of VoodooHDA. Rolled back to 1086 and I am fine.

eidt2:

A newer version of Voodoo works much much better in Lion. I don't get the same KPs when switching bootloader revisions.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

Oh, and the newer version also allows me to see HDMI outputs for my GTX 570. I don't have an HDMI monitor, so no idea if they are actually working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thanks for sharing all the information.

But I ran in a problem when adding the Method for NPM.

Under Snow Leopard everything runs smooth and with MSRTools I can see that the CPU throttles down.

But Lion starts to lag every time the CPU changes the multiplier... and thats very annoying.

Do you have the same problem under Lion?

Cheers Matthias

Hi,

thanks for sharing all the information.

But I ran in a problem when adding the Method for NPM.

Under Snow Leopard everything runs smooth and with MSRTools I can see that the CPU throttles down.

But Lion starts to lag every time the CPU changes the multiplier... and thats very annoying.

Do you have the same problem under Lion?

Cheers Matthias

no

I'm selling my EVGA MacPro5,1, minus PSU, GPU, DVD and HD.

The MB is fit into a Lian-Li PC-X1000 by rotating a custom fitted Mountain Mods MB tray 90 degrees into the case.

The goal was to provide the best air flow by positioning the CPUs so the fans would blow front to back.

The PSU base has been moved to allow access to the ports, and your PSU would be tiewrapped directly to it instead of against the back of the case.

Cost;

2 Intel 2.67GHz 6 core X5650 CPUs ($925 each) $1850

2 Noctua NH-D14 Heatsinks ($87 each) $174

1 Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface $20

1 EVGA 270-WS-W555-A1 MB $600

12 Kingston KVR1333D3E9SK2/2G DIMMs $232

1 Apple USB Ethernet Adapter $29

1 Lian-Li PC-X1000 Case $350

1 Mountain Mods HPTX-PAN MB tray $40

1 Mountain Mods MODIOP IO Panel $20

___

$3315

Links to eBay;

CPUs

MB

Send me a PM with your phone number if you're interested in any of the parts that aren't on eBay.

post-228080-1314574856_thumb.jpg

post-228080-1314574875_thumb.jpg

post-228080-1314574892_thumb.jpg

post-228080-1314574908_thumb.jpg

post-228080-1314574930_thumb.jpg

post-228080-1314574944_thumb.jpg

post-228080-1314574959_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hi guys Is the a step by step on how to install Osx on an EVGA SR-2?
It would be done just like any other MB.

Options include USB boot, install from an Apple hardware machine, among others.

There are other topics on insanelymac that explain in detail, but this one is about DSDT modifications.

• 3 months later...

Hi d00d,

I have an existing Hackintosh SSD using Kakewalk 4.1 running 10.7.0 successfully on my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 version 1 mobo and running a GTX 480 GPU with a W3680 CPU. I had spoken to a guy that I purchased 2 x 5650's and have everything water cooled and I just completed my SR-2 Build and Carbon Copied my existing SSD to a brand new one and took his existing Extras Folder from his successful SR2 Hackintosh builds and just replaced the extras folder and then used Kext Wizard to transfer every file to SLE and then I repaired permissions, & rebooted everything. I then installed the latest chameleon and then shut down the system to install that SSD to my new SR2 build. Everything started up fine as I input all the information that you had provided for the bios settings so things would start up properly. And things didn't start up pretty well to a point and then I got a kernel panic right after I saw the Apple logo in the spinning wheel. It is any help that you can give please let me know as I would like to seek your input… BTW, I did PM you and left you my contact info. Thank you for anything that you can do to help… PNugg… :-)

Hi d00d,

I have an existing Hackintosh SSD using Kakewalk 4.1 running 10.7.0 successfully on my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 version 1 mobo and running a GTX 480 GPU with a W3680 CPU. I had spoken to a guy that I purchased 2 x 5650's and have everything water cooled and I just completed my SR-2 Build and Carbon Copied my existing SSD to a brand new one and took his existing Extras Folder from his successful SR2 Hackintosh builds and just replaced the extras folder and then used Kext Wizard to transfer every file to SLE and then I repaired permissions, & rebooted everything. I then installed the latest chameleon and then shut down the system to install that SSD to my new SR2 build. Everything started up fine as I input all the information that you had provided for the bios settings so things would start up properly. And things didn't start up pretty well to a point and then I got a kernel panic right after I saw the Apple logo in the spinning wheel. It is any help that you can give please let me know as I would like to seek your input… BTW, I did PM you and left you my contact info. Thank you for anything that you can do to help… PNugg… :-)

This topic is based on an install of OS X from Apple's DVD, not Kakewalk's.

Back in the 10.5 days I used Kakewalk to build my first machine, but quickly learned that it's not a sustainable way to go, as neither you nor I really know what Kakewalk does as far as installing or modifying kexts.

On top of Kakewalk you are using someone else's kexts in Extra with Lion, but Lion and the latest Chameleon can have problems using Extra.

I suggest you install a clean OS and Chameleon using an Apple hardware machine, or other method such as USB boot, and start from there with post 1.

This way you will become the expert and not have to waste time relying on random quick fixes.

You also need to learn how to verbose boot so you can read the panic text, much can be revealed by what that tells you.

Thanks, but I'm not looking for any monetary compensation for this topic.

I actually used Kalyway instead of Kakewalk, but my point still stands; unless you install things yourself, you just end up learning how the installer works instead of the underlying utilities.

For instance, I've never used an installer for Chameleon, but instead do it manually according to it's .../doc/README.

That's because the installer isn't able to (or wasn't able to back then) understand a RAID, and I don't know if it can distinguish the correct non boot volume when trying to use an Apple hardware machine for the install.

However, I do know that I can successfully do a manual install using the Apple.

Part of seeking help is to be able to present evidence to others, that's why I suggested verbose boot.

Google for `verbose boot site:insanelymac.com' for several ways to do this.

So instead of writing that you have to press return several times, you may be able to describe or show screen shots of the actual prompt were the boot stops.

Also, Chameleon has a bdmesg utility which will print out much of what happened during boot.

Alright I will look for that bdmesg and give it to you as well as the pics to what I'm seeing to make 10.7 start up...

I also wanted to find out an answer to what I also posted in the last post. Here it is again:

You did mention another install method, you said: "...I suggest you install a clean OS and Chameleon using an Apple hardware machine..." Now I can do that (by using my friends Apple Mac Tower machine), but doesn't the Chameleon package app say NOT to install this app on a Apple hardware system (even though you're really installing the app on the SSD that you're wanting to take out and transfer to the SR-2 build)? Will there be any files that will install anywhere else OHER than the SSD that I'm installing this app on? As I do not want to cause any issues with his existing system. Please explain that in as much detail as you can as I want to minimize as much as possible to have the cleanest Lion 10.7 system running on my SR2 system.

Whatever detail that you can share on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

I tried to find the bdmesg utility and couldn't find it. So here is my typical start up procedure; screen for screen in order starting from the top and the last on the bottom. I hope you can make sense from all of this:

tj11sr2machakprobuildis.jpg

By punknugget at 2012-01-04

Now in the beginning of all of this it still started everything up and I was up and running, then the machine wouldn't turn off and I spoke with "the guy" again who gave me his Extra folder and he said all you have to do is first get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement kext file and that will cure your issue with your machine not shutting down. Next change the existing file name from "com.apple.Boot.plist" to "org.chameleon.Boot.plist." Well, I did that and then it went all the way up to the last screenshot that I have provided that shows the Apple icon and nothing else happens it just stays there this time. So what I did was I tried to go back and change the name back to com.apple.Boost.plist. I then tried to restart the machine and the same thing happened where it went right up to the last screenshot and just stayed there and never got past that point.

What I did after that was I took the chameleon application and backup folder as well is my extra folder and deleted everything and then I put the original Extra folder back in the place where it needed to be and I have then reinstalled chameleon and restarted the machine only to get once again to the last screenshot where it never got past their. So now stuck where at least it was working before but no longer. Again, whatever help that you can give be greatly appreciated as I do know the Extra folder that he had provided for me to upload (and I can give you that folder if that would be helpful for you to be able to sift through the list of files) to see what files I needed what files I do not need to get this working. I would prefer not having to read install everything from scratch as I would like to have my existing applications (and I have quite a few of them) left on my existing SSD. If there is a way to be able to fix some of these problems to get my system working or I don't have to do a clean install then I am all ears.

I do want to say that my system did start up a few times and I even ran it through a major stress test today and everything was working just fine. Again whatever help you can give would be greatly appreciated… :-)

Alright I will look for that bdmesg and give it to you as well as the pics to what I'm seeing to make 10.7 start up...

I also wanted to find out an answer to what I also posted in the last post. Here it is again:

You did mention another install method, you said: "...I suggest you install a clean OS and Chameleon using an Apple hardware machine..." Now I can do that (by using my friends Apple Mac Tower machine), but doesn't the Chameleon package app say NOT to install this app on a Apple hardware system (even though you're really installing the app on the SSD that you're wanting to take out and transfer to the SR-2 build)? Will there be any files that will install anywhere else OHER than the SSD that I'm installing this app on? As I do not want to cause any issues with his existing system. Please explain that in as much detail as you can as I want to minimize as much as possible to have the cleanest Lion 10.7 system running on my SR2 system.

Whatever detail that you can share on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

As explained, a manual install will assure that the Chameleon files are applied to the correct drive.

I tried to find the bdmesg utility and couldn't find it. So here is my typical start up procedure; screen for screen in order starting from the top and the last on the bottom. I hope you can make sense from all of this:

Now in the beginning of all of this it still started everything up and I was up and running, then the machine wouldn't turn off and I spoke with "the guy" again who gave me his Extra folder and he said all you have to do is first get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement kext file and that will cure your issue with your machine not shutting down. Next change the existing file name from "com.apple.Boot.plist" to "org.chameleon.Boot.plist." Well, I did that and then it went all the way up to the last screenshot that I have provided that shows the Apple icon and nothing else happens it just stays there this time. So what I did was I tried to go back and change the name back to com.apple.Boost.plist. I then tried to restart the machine and the same thing happened where it went right up to the last screenshot and just stayed there and never got past that point.

What I did after that was I took the chameleon application and backup folder as well is my extra folder and deleted everything and then I put the original Extra folder back in the place where it needed to be and I have then reinstalled chameleon and restarted the machine only to get once again to the last screenshot where it never got past their. So now stuck where at least it was working before but no longer. Again, whatever help that you can give be greatly appreciated as I do know the Extra folder that he had provided for me to upload (and I can give you that folder if that would be helpful for you to be able to sift through the list of files) to see what files I needed what files I do not need to get this working. I would prefer not having to read install everything from scratch as I would like to have my existing applications (and I have quite a few of them) left on my existing SSD. If there is a way to be able to fix some of these problems to get my system working or I don't have to do a clean install then I am all ears.

I do want to say that my system did start up a few times and I even ran it through a major stress test today and everything was working just fine. Again whatever help you can give would be greatly appreciated… :-)

Post 1 shows everything I've done with kexts, plists and DSDT.

Dear d00d:

I sent you a PM yesterday and hope to hear from you soon. If you don't have time to sift through all of what I gave you (for input) I understand, since it is different from how you handle your install process. I did want to ask something though. Through all of the 5 pages of info and back and forth that you have gone through with everyone here, is there a way that you can possibly put a step-by-step procedural guide (i.e.; Step 1: Do this, Step 2: Do that, etc.) for someone like me as I am having a great challenge going through your info (and I'm really trying to do it right but am continuing to make mistakes). BTW, I did do a clean install (like you advised), but I'm coming up with short as I don't know where to go from there. Here's what I've done so far:

1) Installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.0 for Lion 10.7.0 install on my SSD

2) Erased, GUID & Partitioned my SSD for install

3) Installed Lion 10.7 using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.0 with my paid version of Mac OS 10 lion 10.7.0 installed on the USB for complete install.

Now from here, is where i am stuck, and don't know what to do. If you can give me the next steps (numbered out as best as possible) along with specific links and/or specific downloads that I need to have everything installed to get Lion 10.7 (or 10.7.2) working properly on my SR 2 system, I would greatly appreciate any help that you could give.

I also wanted to define the word “specific” in more detail. As I was looking through page 1 of your initial post here I notice that you had several different DSDT zip files to choose from. I kind of figured that the 3rd one was probably the latest zip file that I was supposed to download. But when I unzipped it I noticed that there were 3 files within that zip file and did not know exactly which file to use. Only through taking an hour (and yes it takes me an hour to understand all this stuff since I'm not a programmer), I figured out, (basically I took a chance) that it was the .aml file and not the other 2 files. On top of that, I noticed that you had to file titled: dsdt_sr2_a41-mod-3.aml and did not know that it needed to be changed to: DSDT.aml in order for it to work properly. I also figured that out on my own, but was still not sure. Later though (as I continued reading through your pages of information), I finally realized that it was supposed to be changed to: DSDT.aml. But again, it took me an hour to figure all that out and that was with just one file. I have been at this now for the last 3 and half days full-time and I am racking my brains trying to figure out how to make all of this work.

I apologize if my lack of knowledge is there, but my desire IS totally on point to want to do it (as I have to learn this), but again, I'm having a hard time since I'm not a programmer trying to understand all of this in full. Here's a perfect example of a instructional step-by-step web link that really helps people like myself understand how to install things properly usually the 1st time with minimal issues.

http://tonymacx86.bl...-chameleon.html

Again, this is a perfect example of a step-by-step instructional link that walks you through what needs to be done to make things work (again with minimal issues). I want to thank you for your time and hope that something like this can be created as I would like to start using my production machine here soon… Thank you in advance for your guidance…

Dear d00d:

I sent you a PM yesterday and hope to hear from you soon. If you don't have time to sift through all of what I gave you (for input) I understand, since it is different from how you handle your install process. I did want to ask something though. Through all of the 5 pages of info and back and forth that you have gone through with everyone here, is there a way that you can possibly put a step-by-step procedural guide (i.e.; Step 1: Do this, Step 2: Do that, etc.) for someone like me as I am having a great challenge going through your info (and I'm really trying to do it right but am continuing to make mistakes). BTW, I did do a clean install (like you advised), but I'm coming up with short as I don't know where to go from there. Here's what I've done so far:

1) Installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.0 for Lion 10.7.0 install on my SSD

2) Erased, GUID & Partitioned my SSD for install

3) Installed Lion 10.7 using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.0 with my paid version of Mac OS 10 lion 10.7.0 installed on the USB for complete install.

Now from here, is where i am stuck, and don't know what to do. If you can give me the next steps (numbered out as best as possible) along with specific links and/or specific downloads that I need to have everything installed to get Lion 10.7 (or 10.7.2) working properly on my SR 2 system, I would greatly appreciate any help that you could give.

I also wanted to define the word “specific” in more detail. As I was looking through page 1 of your initial post here I notice that you had several different DSDT zip files to choose from. I kind of figured that the 3rd one was probably the latest zip file that I was supposed to download. But when I unzipped it I noticed that there were 3 files within that zip file and did not know exactly which file to use. Only through taking an hour (and yes it takes me an hour to understand all this stuff since I'm not a programmer), I figured out, (basically I took a chance) that it was the .aml file and not the other 2 files. On top of that, I noticed that you had to file titled: dsdt_sr2_a41-mod-3.aml and did not know that it needed to be changed to: DSDT.aml in order for it to work properly. I also figured that out on my own, but was still not sure. Later though (as I continued reading through your pages of information), I finally realized that it was supposed to be changed to: DSDT.aml. But again, it took me an hour to figure all that out and that was with just one file. I have been at this now for the last 3 and half days full-time and I am racking my brains trying to figure out how to make all of this work.

I apologize if my lack of knowledge is there, but my desire IS totally on point to want to do it (as I have to learn this), but again, I'm having a hard time since I'm not a programmer trying to understand all of this in full. Here's a perfect example of a instructional step-by-step web link that really helps people like myself understand how to install things properly usually the 1st time with minimal issues.

http://tonymacx86.bl...-chameleon.html

Again, this is a perfect example of a step-by-step instructional link that walks you through what needs to be done to make things work (again with minimal issues). I want to thank you for your time and hope that something like this can be created as I would like to start using my production machine here soon… Thank you in advance for your guidance…

This is not a topic regarding how to install Mac OS X, which is covered in detail elsewhere and can be done in several different ways.

This is a specialized topic regarding how to modify a basic working install by not relying on the NullCPUPowerManagement kext and instead enabling the native power management features of the OS, as well as other similar issues, to make it more like an Apple hardware Macintosh.

It's targeted at users who have kept up with the underlying systems administration knowledge of things like how to modify ownership and permissions of files on the command line, what the various flags in the plists do, how to boot verbose, how kexts are not to be placed in Extra with Chameleon and Lion, how to install Chameleon manually, etc.

I will include a note in post 1 about the correct DSDT file name, as my similar Gigabyte topic mentions it.

I installed everything and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is working with my SSD in safe mode to get 10.7 running. But when I reboot and have the SSD start on it's own it gives me this:

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: done

boot1: error_

Don't know where to go from here. If you have any suggestions that I may need to make in Terminal to get things working please let me know. Thank you...

PS - I tried this command and it still gave me the same error message after I rebooted:

sudo -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

f 1

w

y

q

Hi d00d,

So… I gather that I'm not going to get much help from you at this point. You've been sharing with me what won't work, then you share what will work but won't provide the info needed to make it work. I can't tell you how amazingly discouraging that is. You know, what's amazing to me is the incredible amount of technical knowledge that you possess and have been able to share some of that knowledge to others on this particular post that not only give you the accolades for what you have done, but also completely understand all the details of your programming abilities; whereas someone like myself struggles through that understanding. Then when I ask for someone like you to explain in a more basic manner, not much is said exept... "Post 1 shows everything…" What's the point then, of contributing something that you have full knowledge of without giving people like myself the full picture so we can all enjoy the same success of this amazing EVGA SR-2 system with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.x?

In order to paint a better picture of what I'm talking about, it's kind of like having somebody who hasn't eaten for 4 to 5 days who finds a protein bar hanging on a string 25 feet up in the air that is attached by nothing, just dangling in midair with nothing surrounding you to help you get up high enough to grab it. Do you know what it does for somebody like that? They would've been better off not knowing that it even existed. And that is exactly what posts like this does for most people just like myself. Then, when we ask for help, oh well… you're on your own… That's sad, because it seems like you have so much more to offer, because it doesn't seem like anyone else (as it's showing on this post) gets what you fully understand.

And I am not the only one who feels this way as I have just noticed that prior to me somebody else asked for that same step-by-step process of explanation for guys like me that want to gain that kind knowledge and understanding as best as we can. Obviously, people like myself will probably never have the full understanding that you possess when it comes to your abilities and your talents in programming, but one thing that I truly have a talent for is being able to find the wherewithal to explain things in as much detail as possible so others can fully understand what I'm communicating as clearly as possible.

I hope that you will take what I am saying (and I know you're reading this information d00d) and will apply some of that understanding that I (and others like myself) that have this ability and/or talent, and imitate from it as best as possible so we can all benefit from this amazing motherboard and all its capabilities so all the hard work that you've put into it will go to better use for all of us and not just some of us.

If I have shared anything that offends you that is not my intention, as I do want to come to some kind of resolve to get the guidance needed not just for myself but for anybody else that gets on here we could have some kind of step-by-step guide to installing everything for this SR–2 motherboard. Even if you don't want to provide everything, can you at least provide the links that we need to go to, so we can at least get to a point where we can come back on here (once we have all of what we need to boot into our SR-2 systems) so we enjoy the same riches of your amazing knowledge of your custom K files that we can use to make this system even better? I mean, isn't that the whole point of creating a post like this? Sorry, I'm being redudant, but I hope you get the point d00d. Again, I can only hope…

Hi d00d,

So… I gather that I'm not going to get much help from you at this point. You've been sharing with me what won't work, then you share what will work but won't provide the info needed to make it work. I can't tell you how amazingly discouraging that is. You know, what's amazing to me is the incredible amount of technical knowledge that you possess and have been able to share some of that knowledge to others on this particular post that not only give you the accolades for what you have done, but also completely understand all the details of your programming abilities; whereas someone like myself struggles through that understanding. Then when I ask for someone like you to explain in a more basic manner, not much is said exept... "Post 1 shows everything…" What's the point then, of contributing something that you have full knowledge of without giving people like myself the full picture so we can all enjoy the same success of this amazing EVGA SR-2 system with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.x?

In order to paint a better picture of what I'm talking about, it's kind of like having somebody who hasn't eaten for 4 to 5 days who finds a protein bar hanging on a string 25 feet up in the air that is attached by nothing, just dangling in midair with nothing surrounding you to help you get up high enough to grab it. Do you know what it does for somebody like that? They would've been better off not knowing that it even existed. And that is exactly what posts like this does for most people just like myself. Then, when we ask for help, oh well… you're on your own… That's sad, because it seems like you have so much more to offer, because it doesn't seem like anyone else (as it's showing on this post) gets what you fully understand.

And I am not the only one who feels this way as I have just noticed that prior to me somebody else asked for that same step-by-step process of explanation for guys like me that want to gain that kind knowledge and understanding as best as we can. Obviously, people like myself will probably never have the full understanding that you possess when it comes to your abilities and your talents in programming, but one thing that I truly have a talent for is being able to find the wherewithal to explain things in as much detail as possible so others can fully understand what I'm communicating as clearly as possible.

I hope that you will take what I am saying (and I know you're reading this information d00d) and will apply some of that understanding that I (and others like myself) that have this ability and/or talent, and imitate from it as best as possible so we can all benefit from this amazing motherboard and all its capabilities so all the hard work that you've put into it will go to better use for all of us and not just some of us.

If I have shared anything that offends you that is not my intention, as I do want to come to some kind of resolve to get the guidance needed not just for myself but for anybody else that gets on here we could have some kind of step-by-step guide to installing everything for this SR–2 motherboard. Even if you don't want to provide everything, can you at least provide the links that we need to go to, so we can at least get to a point where we can come back on here (once we have all of what we need to boot into our SR-2 systems) so we enjoy the same riches of your amazing knowledge of your custom K files that we can use to make this system even better? I mean, isn't that the whole point of creating a post like this? Sorry, I'm being redudant, but I hope you get the point d00d. Again, I can only hope…

I'll give you a more appropriate analogy.

A person teaches an intermediate systems administration course part time at Insanelymac University.

It's not his full time job, and he does it for free, even though he doesn't have much free time.

A new student walks into his class, listens for awhile, asks a question answered in introductory systems administration classes, the teacher tells him so and he leaves.

He's been teaching intermediate classes like this one for several years and nobody has asked that particular question before, probably because students know that there are other people at several Universities teaching introductory systems administration classes.

The student comes back later, says that he found the information at Tonymac University, thanks the teacher and leaves.

The teacher is happy that he found what he was looking for, and he could have answered his question, but he needs to keep the focus of the course on intermediate systems administration so that it doesn't become a collection of off topic issues.

A few days later another new student walks into the class, listens for awhile, then leaves and writes the teacher a long letter asking him to spend what the teacher sees is going to be lots of time on private tutoring helping with a similar question.

The teacher don't respond because he's busy at home with family life, and it's better that students ask questions in class, because there may be something that can be answered by the class or something that's interesting to the class and teacher.

The student walks into class the next day and asks the question again.

It's pointed out that the question is answered in introductory systems administration classes, but this student somehow thinks that this particular teacher is obligated to help him.

The teacher wonders if life would be different if he instead taught at Projectosx University.

Students at Projectosx University are free to sit in on classes, but can't participate in classes until they have taken an exam to demonstrate basic proficiency.

A few pointers are given to the student with the hope that he will be able to use them to locate a course that answers the question, but he don't seem to be as resourceful as the previous student, and keeps returning with his question.

He asks the same question at Tonymac University and nobody responds to him, assumedly because of similar reasons.

The next time the student comes back with the question and a demand for the teacher to answer it, the teacher tells him that probably his best option at this point is to give up on University learning and to instead drive to the nearest Apple store where they will set him up with a new computer.

It won't be as fun as learning how to build his own with what he can learn from the teachers at the various Universities, but it will be less frustrating for him, because if anything goes wrong he can get answers the way that he likes it from one location.

I'll give you a more appropriate analogy.

I see where this is going... and your analogy is "more appropriate?"... okay... <_>

At least I'm not the only one that is trying to help you understand that we are NOT resistant in learning, but that we need help in a different way so we can get the web links needed to make the basic install process happening for our SR-2 system on our own, and come back here to use your special K files. I will say this:

IF ANYONE READING THIS CAN PROVIDE THOSE WEB LINKS TO MAKE THIS BASIC INSTALL PROCESS HAPPEN FOR OUR EVGA SR-2 MOTHERBOARD SYSTEMS, WE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL - THANK YOU !!! :D

I see where this is going... and your analogy is "more appropriate?"... okay... <_<

At least I'm not the only one that is trying to help you understand that we are NOT resistant in learning, but that we need help in a different way so we can get the web links needed to make the basic install process happening for our SR-2 system on our own, and come back here to use your special K files. I will say this:

IF ANYONE READING THIS CAN PROVIDE THOSE WEB LINKS TO MAKE THIS BASIC INSTALL PROCESS HAPPEN FOR OUR EVGA SR-2 MOTHERBOARD SYSTEMS, WE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL - THANK YOU !!! :D

We?

The other person was able to find the answer.