SAPPHIRE HD 4850 1GB SNOWLEOPARD 10.6.4

ZioSpliff

4 posts in this topic

Hello to all the forum guys ... I'm crazy x and more than 5 days ke I can not run the video card ... now I place the characteristics of the PC in question:

Motherboard: asus P7P55-lx

CPU: Intel 3.2 i5 650

Video Card: Sapphire ATI HD 4850 1GB DDR3

RAM: 2x1 GB Corsair 1333 + 2GB Kingston 1333

hd: wd 300 gb sata

Writer: lg sata dvd-dl

Monitor: philips 19 dvi

I installed 10.6.4 combo update + retail snowleopard with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + ke [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] given other distros do not go ... the whole installation was successful ... but ke I start the system with the command-x graphics or nothing ??

the system recognizes the video card but recognizes 256mb of memory ansikke 1 gb .. I tried a lot of drivers but the result was a black screen in sleep mode or gray screen with colors and all confused ...

Ok, let me put it like this. And please don't think I'm being harsh or unforgiving.

As long as osx86 has been around, there has been three important rules that apply to you.

1. Nvidia always leads the way with compatibility. If it wont work on an Nvidia Card, good luck with anything else.

2. Never Update the OS until you are positive all your kexts and main important hardware (chipset vga mouse and keyboard etc) will work, else you better be prepared to format and reinstall.

3. If you really want to get osx running smoothly, be prepared to get bits and pieces to get it up and running. EDIT: Get means buy!

Now thats said, I recommend you go out and buy a 8400 on the cheap. There are many geforce users out there having problems with 10.6.2 upward but not with that card. It'll save you time and effort. If you dont wanna do that, hit up the wiki and cruise all the HCLs looking for your card or similar, note what they used, then find it and format and reinstall with it. The last option is to try the natit.kext, but its unlikely to wrk and has funny effects if it doesnt. It does sometimes tho.

Best of luck. I'm gone!

Ok, let me put it like this. And please don't think I'm being harsh or unforgiving.

As long as osx86 has been around, there has been three important rules that apply to you.

1. Nvidia always leads the way with compatibility. If it wont work on an Nvidia Card, good luck with anything else.

2. Never Update the OS until you are positive all your kexts and main important hardware (chipset vga mouse and keyboard etc) will work, else you better be prepared to format and reinstall.

3. If you really want to get osx running smoothly, be prepared to get bits and pieces to get it up and running. EDIT: Get means buy!

Now thats said, I recommend you go out and buy a 8400 on the cheap. There are many geforce users out there having problems with 10.6.2 upward but not with that card. It'll save you time and effort. If you dont wanna do that, hit up the wiki and cruise all the HCLs looking for your card or similar, note what they used, then find it and format and reinstall with it. The last option is to try the natit.kext, but its unlikely to wrk and has funny effects if it doesnt. It does sometimes tho.

Best of luck. I'm gone!

thanks for answer ... but this just takes the video card ... so I'm trying desperately to make it work right kexts with snowleopard ... for now I found a few and did not function to give me a black screen in sleepmode .. .

• 3 months later...