Custom Install USB Drive

NickMiller

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys! I have seen many install SL install guides on the internet that require you to restore the SL Retail disk image to a usb drive. My question is, can it be done in Ubuntu instead? I don't really have access to a Mac to do the restore from, but I do have a working Ubuntu 10.04 install. I have .iso and an 8GB USB drive so I have 2 out of the 3 required things. My computer isn't the most "hackintoshable" system out there, so I need to put some .kexts in the Install DVD/USB Drive. Thanks in Advance, Nick

Hey Guys! I have seen many install SL install guides on the internet that require you to restore the SL Retail disk image to a usb drive. My question is, can it be done in Ubuntu instead? I don't really have access to a Mac to do the restore from, but I do have a working Ubuntu 10.04 install. I have .iso and an 8GB USB drive so I have 2 out of the 3 required things. My computer isn't the most "hackintoshable" system out there, so I need to put some .kexts in the Install DVD/USB Drive. Thanks in Advance, Nick

You may try installing-snow-leopard-on-vmware-7-for-windows, then you have OSX to do anything you want. Cheers,

I've done it with a boot DVD before.

You'll need access to a second DVD drive - a portable one.

(Assuming your puter has one also)

Get a copy of say, iatkos s3 and boot that puppy up on a system.

You now have functioning OSX system.

From there it should be pretty straight forward.

Mount the Retail disc

Plug in you USB 8GB stick

Launch DiskUtility and let it copy over the SL Retail files to the USB stick.

(You'll probably have to repartition the USB)

Once that is done, just gab a copy of Chameleon to get the USB bootable (well that's what I did).

Good luck.