Is it possible to run a HD5770 without rom file?

Mendiaco

12 posts in this topic

Is it possible that complete idiots will stop making new threads asking questions about hardware that have already been answered in another thread clearly titled with the hardwares' model name ?? ..

Use your god dam eyes and read, you muppet!

Guys, i think the purpose of this forum isn't for making fun out of newcommers/non-native-english speakers, is it ?

Why the hell that {censored} acting ? That man just asked a simple question and you nearly nailed him down for that...

What the hell is the purpose of forums then, when not allowed to ask/reply people ?! :shock:

Didn't you see that both of us posted links that are useful to the OP?

It's not about what your native language is, it's about having some common sense.

"Don't be a Muppet" is not an insult, it is good advice.

Some of us have been here for a long time and see the same questions getting asked over and over again.

If you search for "still waiting for root device" for example, you'll find posts all the way back from 2007 that explain what it means and why it happens. Yet people keep asking and creating new threads about it.

To me it makes sense to search for and then post in an existing thread about a subject rather than creating new threads. People who are dealing with the same issue will be visiting that thread already, sharing what they know, which means that any newcomer is much more likely to get help.

The same people that complain about how hard it is to get help are the same people that make it difficult to find help, by flooding the forum with new topics on things that have already been dealt with a thousand times in other threads. And so we have all these useless posts we have to wade through in order to find the good stuff.

When you type something in the search and find 700 topics about the same thing, that's just confusing. And day by day it only gets worse.

Some of us have been reading many posts by experienced users, done a lot of experimentation and learned a lot on our own. Some of us have tried to help others and share what we have learned. Maybe I'm naive but I believe that any human being can do the same. All it takes is determination and patience, and you must know how to read, I mean really read, and keep an open mind.

Unfortunately most people seem to be lazy, and they want it to be easy or they want the information delivered "their way" so they don't have to work their brain in order to understand what's being said. Some people read an advice that was given as part of a procedure and then ignore it because they don't understand it, rendering the next step ineffective at best. Some people need things repeated in writing (that in particular weirds me out - go back and read again! It's all there), or in boldface or with bigger letters. Or they need illustrations with little arrows pointing to where they have to click because they for some reason don't believe their own eyes when they're looking at the GUI of Apple Disk Utility.

Every day I see posts by people here that I know I will not be able to help, even though I may know the solution to their problem.

here here !!!

I've also had to use bablefish or similar a lot as I speak no German, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian or Russian and have learned an awful lot from such users by READING.

Clearly written technical 'language' translates very well using online software !

D :(