Stuck in reboot loop on Cartri 0.8 with EP45-UD3R

xRotorHead

5 posts in this topic

I have the Cartri 0.8 bios flashed on my EP45-UD3R. Followed the pdf and all works good in OSX. However, if booting into Win7 partition and a full shutdown in Windows, upon power-up, I get stuck in this continuous power-up/power-off cycle. It only powers-up for a second then shuts off; doesn't even get to the bios screen. The only way to exit this loop is to switch off the power supply - then power-up works okay. Power-up after shutting down in OSX works fine.

Any ideas?

• 4 months later...

I'm going to cross post here, since there are no other Cartri threads and since I don't want to start a new thread for my question...

So as previously posted, I upgraded from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5 using the combo updater. I am on the CARTRI BIOS.

While I can still put the rig into sleep mode using the keyboard, once it's sleeping it goes into this weird cycle where the DVD player spins up and then down and then the computer goes back to sleep...and then it does it all over again...over and over and over...

All components listed in my signature are current...

Any ideas or a point in the right direction...

Or maybe it's the hard drive...

• 9 months later...

Same problem here, 10.7.2. I get the boot loop (before bios screen) if I try to wake from lan (WOL) of from bluetooth dongle.

It will also block on that loop mode when I try to reboot.

While just powering of the power supply didn't work, the reset button usualy works or worst case senario moving the ram stick around will mostly always do the job.

No idea why or how it's happenning, but I seems to be related to sleep on my end.

Cartri bios 0.8 on ud3p