what is this for?

sirbow2

5 posts in this topic

i know people are probably going to get made at me but, what is this "complete desktop" fourm for? is it for just listing hardware and saying how compatible it is? or is it for something else

maybe this will help other people wondering about this fourm

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind that there are many people out there that are not comfortable with putting their own box together. They would much rather buy a second hand HP or Dell and install SL on it. Also, consider that they would be able to get an HP or Dell warranty and service contract on the hardware. I do not think installing SL would void their hardware warranties. PC companies generally do not care what OS you put on their box as long as they get paid. It is almost like having your cake and eating it to. You get an inexpensive HP or Dell box and SL to boot.

• 1 month later...

It is, in my opinion, utterly pointless as os x has to be installed according to the components in the machine, whether it be homebuilt or storebought, not the "machine" itself. However for those who might find a use for it, here it is.

• 4 weeks later...
Keep in mind that there are many people out there that are not comfortable with putting their own box together. They would much rather buy a second hand HP or Dell and install SL on it. Also, consider that they would be able to get an HP or Dell warranty and service contract on the hardware. I do not think installing SL would void their hardware warranties. PC companies generally do not care what OS you put on their box as long as they get paid. It is almost like having your cake and eating it to. You get an inexpensive HP or Dell box and SL to boot.

Who Says They have to know what OS you have installed :)

Install SL on a "Complete Desktop" is a Nightmare. Building a desktop and being able to pic specific components is the way to go.