Which prepatched OSX 10.4.6 to use with profit42.com guide?

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I want to dual boot my pc with OS X and Win XP. Now I got many guides for dual booting and the feel that easiest one is at profit42.com plus they have a new guide for 10.4.7 up. http://www.profit42.com/index.php/2006/06/...ndows-computer/

The main reason for liking this guide is that it does not involve boot.ini, Linux DVD or VMware (I hope :) )

But problem now is that they require "A prepatched OSX 10.4.6 install image". I know I have to get this from torrent, but there are sooo many Mac OS floating around on the torrent network. Some are 4GB, some are 2GB. Some are named "Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 Install DVD (JaS)" and some Tiger OS install image and so on.

Which one am I suppose to download and burn on a DVD? Which file does really correspond to a "A prepatched OSX 10.4.6 install image" as mentioned in the guide at Profit42.com ? Thanks

Rule of thumb if you don't know is to download the ISO. The ones to shoot for is either JaS' or myar's image. I don't remember anymore but i think JaS image are for Intel, and myzar is for AMD. Nontheless, the DVD ISO is over 4gig. So don't waste your time with anything less.

OT/

I enjoy reading all your How-To's on the Ubuntu board poofyhairguy. Keep it up!

• 1 year later...