CPU fan not being shown

Blah101

6 posts in this topic

In iStats menus I am unable to see my CPU fan and because of this my cpu is running between 45-50 on idle, but 55-65 when playing tf2. Is there a way to get my CPU fan recognized? By the way, all my case fans are managed manually by switches on the back of my case, only my CPU fan is managed via the OS. However I can't get the CPU fan to be managed by Snow Leo because it is not being recognized (showing up) in istat menus

~Blah

I am also interested by this.

Thanks to insanely mac I have 99% working hackintosh but the CPU fan is always running (medium speed I would say) and never "idles" as in Win7. The CPU is a T4400 in an Acer 7736ZG laptop.

^^ABOVE^^

I have fakesmc.kext installed. Is there anything else I need to install to be able to control my CPU fan?

EDIT: Updating my fakesmc now to see if that helps

EDIT2: Didn't help, I still can't see my CPU fan in istat menus nor can I control it.

~Blah

Found my problem ( I think ). Turns out that when installing the OS I used an extras folder from here and that folder had a version of FakeSMC init. I deleted that and the one I had installed and installed fresh. I can now see everything! My only problem now is I have no control over the fan. Thanks guys!

~Blah