USB 3.0 OSX Support By Caldigit

55 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

See kdawg's post above, you may want t have a look at this;

http://www.tonymacx8...php?f=7&t=23889

Supposedly there is a firmware update that addresses this.

Otherwise, is the latest driver working well for you?

Actually...I installed the adapter into a PC Laptop that has the latest usb 3.0 windows drivers from here , and the firmware is already up to date. I did discover that with the Windows Renesas Controller utility there is a setting "Disable USB 3.0 Power Management Functions", and several references to it over the net state that disabling this setting obviates the random connect/disconnect issues that I ( and lots of others have encountered ). I'm trying this out on this windows Laptop for a day to see if it behaves as one would expect with this setting off.

If it turns out that we need to turn off the USB 3.0 power management features of the chipset to stop the random disconnects/reconnects, then maybe this should be reported to LaCie to see if they'll issue an updated driver with a setting to control this under OSX as well.

At this point, I'm about ready to force myself to purchase a CalDigit card because I've lost 2 Virtual Machines to this randomly disconnecting issue.

• 3 months later...

i seem to have the same usb disconnect issue on my z77 chipset 10.8.1 hackintosh. actually usb3.0 ports (via vl800) don't work at all, usb2.0 (intel) disconnect my plugged in usb disk, and also my wacom tablet - that's actually pretty annoying - it sorta drops the driver, after reconnect the tablet works like a mouse, basic features only. i have to reboot for the full-feature support to return.

i seem to have the same usb disconnect issue on my z77 chipset 10.8.1 hackintosh. actually usb3.0 ports (via vl800) don't work at all, usb2.0 (intel) disconnect my plugged in usb disk, and also my wacom tablet - that's actually pretty annoying - it sorta drops the driver, after reconnect the tablet works like a mouse, basic features only. i have to reboot for the full-feature support to return.

This is really a known issue with the LaCie 1.0.8 patched driver. The only way I know to get "stable" connections is to simply boot cold with the device connected to the USB 3.0 port to begin with. Otherwise, the USB Family ( at least in Lion, which I'm running ) driver has a problem enumerating the device (it could be a Lion USB stack problem), but until there's a patched version of (http://www.lacie.com/more/index.htm?id=10112) the 1.0.9 driver we won't know if this is absolutely true or if it's a limitation of the driver itself.

• 1 year later...