G5 Front Panel to ATX I/O Cables

BlackCH

602 posts in this topic

I'm planning to get a new motherboard and a g5 case, so up to now I still don't know if I have the internal FW. In order to cover the worst case scenario, is the cable with the ground usable on a FW equipped motherboard?

thanks,

ciao!

I'm planning to get a new motherboard and a g5 case, so up to now I still don't know if I have the internal FW. In order to cover the worst case scenario, is the cable with the ground usable on a FW equipped motherboard?

thanks,

ciao!

The jumper can be taken in and out. If you dont have firewire on your system then you leave the jumper on. If eventually you upgrade your system you can take the jumper out.

Cheers

Sorry for the annoyance, but i have so many degrees of freedom due to the fact that I still don't have neither the motherboard nor the case. Is your cable compatible with a PowerMac G5 Early 2005?

thanks,

ciao!

Sorry for the annoyance, but i have so many degrees of freedom due to the fact that I still don't have neither the motherboard nor the case. Is your cable compatible with a PowerMac G5 Early 2005?

No problem. The cable should be compatible with all G5 models except the LATE 2005 G5 (theres a walkaround for this model too).

Just make sure the front panel board has the 18 pin connector block on it. See the pictures on the first post on this thread.

Hi,

I would like one of these cables with the firewire ground jumper please.

I have been trying to get my head around making it but this saves me the hassle and parts would cost at least 50% of this pre made one!

Let me know how where to send payment.

Best regards