GA-X58A-UD7 ALC889 No Audio

ocpistol

11 posts in this topic

Iv tried the new kexts off kexts.com and nothing when i go to repair i get all kinds of errors saying applehda.kext was not installed right and will not work... I installed using kakewalk pretty impresed audio is the only thing not woking considering it recognized my GTX 275 co-op

post-536893-1277338788_thumb.png

post-536893-1277338872_thumb.png

I am in the same boat, it's weird, I got it working perfect at one point then I had to reinstall because I installed with a case-sensitive file system, which by the way NEVER do. So, I went back and did the SAME EXACT THING, and now I can't get it to work again... I really don't get it.

I am in the same boat, it's weird, I got it working perfect at one point then I had to reinstall because I installed with a case-sensitive file system, which by the way NEVER do. So, I went back and did the SAME EXACT THING, and now I can't get it to work again... I really don't get it.

What version of Kakewalk did you use? I installed using the original GigaByteUSB method (before it became Kakewalk). I went back and tested V2.2 later and never could get the sound right, but I could using the V1.8 version, which is the earliest version mrjanek still has on his website http://puru.se/blog/.

Alternatively, you could go here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HVZAX3X1 and download these files that magnifico10 provided (see page 135 of the Kakewalk forum post #2695) and install from them. I tried them myself and sound works. That said, update to 10.6.4 first, then drop the AppleHDA.kext into S/L/E, repair permissions and reboot. You should get something that looks like this:

post-560169-1277772589_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. I got the sound to work my first try then had to reinstall. Now I can't get the audio to work again. It works with 10.6 but will give me a kernel panic when i go to 10.6.4 update. I wouldn't mind staying at 10.6 but I have the magic mouse so there is no scrolling what so ever which is really annoying.

CORRECTION: After installing that file, I do get stereo only audio out of a port other then FRONT or normal audio out (have to recheck which). The ethernet did work at one point but now it doesnt. Have to switch back to my original APPLEHDA file until I figure this out.

Any ideas?

K

KNIGHT:

BTW, I AM at 10.6.4 right now.

I can have either Ethernet working on my old APPLEHDA file. Or get audio working on the one suggested by "going bald".

Ideas anyone?

So I seem to have gotten it Reliably working now and my Ethernet is working fine as well....

What I did, IM NOT SURE.....exactly...but

I went back and forth between the two APPLEHDA versions I had....copying in, fixing permisions, rebooting

Ethernet would work, no sound....then Ethernet was broken but I had sound....and on the 3 round.. BOTH WORKED.

It's slightly possible I did something else but If so I cant remember it.

NOTE: Sound only comes out of one of the other ports, I think rear or side, in stereo only. NOT sure if Record works.

IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS SURROUND WORKING and RECORD?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've found the easisest solution for ALC889 in my X58A-UD7 Kakewalk install.

It was already updated to 10.6.4 with combo.

Just download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from the link:

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Before install, delete the LegacyHDA.kext from Extra/Extensions folder.

During the install, select both LegacyHDA & HDA Enabler option for ALC889 along with Rebuild & Repair Permissions options.

WARNING: DO NOT SELECT ANY OTHER OPTIONS. IT MAY CORRUPT THE KAKEWALK INSTALLATION.

Then reboot. Select "Internal Speakers" from the System Preferences > Sound > Output.

Voila!

• 2 weeks later...