Waves GUI problem

The K man

6 posts in this topic

Hello i am having waves bundle 7.. it used to work fine but now when i am trying to use any plugin there is no GUI (graphic interface). I am running Logic Pro 8, the same problem appears using Ableton 8 as well..

I am running Leopard 10.5.7

Any help please

Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with Pro Tools 8. I am running Leopard 10.5.6. On another note.....It won't even let me install Logic because it says I need 54mb of VRAM and the computer has 0mb of vram. Even though, in the about my mack window, it says I have 512mb of vram. I am thinking these 2 issues might be linked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just make sure your graphics card supports QE/CI. In Leopard you can see it in System Profiler > Graphics/Displays. In Snow Leopard this info isn't there, however, if you have a translucent menu bar and you can run the Chess.app and see the "water effect" in Dashboard when dragging Widgets to the desktop - it means you have a QE/CI support.

Interesting. Loaded Nitit, NVEnabler, and NVinject, didn't make a bit of difference. I've noticed Spaces, the Flurry screensaver, and after your suggestion Chess.app all run extremely choppy, and have always have been.

I've removed the other following graphics kexts as they kept me from loading into the gui (just got a black screen):

NVDANV40Hal

NVDANV50Hal

NVDAResman

NVSMU

Running 10.6.2 vanilla with an EVGA Geforce GTX260. Any other ideas? :D