Deep freeze (universal)

numberonekiwi

4 posts in this topic

I have used this on a PC and it is a great piece of software if you want to install new software but are not sure if it will furb your pc I see it is now avaliable for mac universal so I thought I would try it out

When this was installed on my pc I loaded viruses removed most registry settings deleted system files to the point where windows would have normally needed to be re installed - restarted machine and it was as if I had not done a thing

I installed 10.4.6 jas ppf1 to a new hard drive and installed this application to it unfortunatly it did not work and I could not boot to login window but as I had another hard drive with OS X working I booted to that and removed the dfx***.kext file then It booted again fine

Has anyone else tried this application with success as it may be that my machine is intel but if we could get this working properly most of us would be happy to install it and try new software out ( that does not require a restart)

I have posted below the link to the evaluation version if anyone is interested have a read

http://faronics.com/html/DFMac.asp

Is this something like GoBack.

For those of you who dont know GoBack is like System Restore, but tracks changes on all Harddisks and all files. Also is like 100 Times better.

It's sort of an involuntary system restore. I wonder if you deleted this app manually, would it somehow manage to restore itself in a roll-back? o_O

I think I just realized how all of the Macs in the colleges I've visited manage to keep their systems tidy.