adobe flash player error on mac

blendi

18 posts in this topic

ok so i first uninstall the flash player on mac then i download the newest one and when i installed i go to my browsers and they both show only black screen but audio is on(i can hear it).

help me guys

ok so i first uninstall the flash player on mac then i download the newest one and when i installed i go to my browsers and they both show only black screen but audio is on(i can hear it).

help me guys

Answer my question to your thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221791

The problem is likely the same.......video driver.

help me guys

Using latest Flash Player and latest Safari (YouTube):

In Tiger: Works fine.

In Leopard: The same black screen with audio, but if I use the lower right corner (fullscreen) video works. I had to uninstall flash, and reinstalled the old one.

In Snow Leopard: Works Fine.

In Leopard: The same black screen with audio, but if I use the lower right corner (fullscreen) video works. I had to uninstall flash, and reinstalled the old one.

i have leopard and i'm trying to install older one

i'm not founding the older version on the internet can you send me a link

i have leopard and i'm trying to install older one

i'm not founding the older version on the internet can you send me a link

Sure, here it is http://hotfile.com/dl/49544783/c6a60fc/OlderFlash10.zip.html

Don't forget to uninstall the newer one (10.1) from /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Flash Player Install Manager

Same here guys, on two different machines. What I found was that the video was actually playing, but instead of playing in the window, it's being played full screen in the background. If I clicked the spot where the "full screen" box was, I could see the video just fine.

As I habitually back *everything* up, I was able to revert to the old version of Flash by looking in /Library/Internet Plugins/ and copying my old Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt from my backup into place.

I have an ATI HD 4670 (QE working) and I'm also getting this bug:

Playing Videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1.53 in Safari 5 will cause a black screen and this output in the console:

Jun 20 20:08:44 localhost kernel[0]: ** Device in slot: SLOT-1 **
Jun 20 20:08:44 localhost kernel[0]: ** GPU Debug Info Start **
Jun 20 20:08:44 localhost kernel[0]: 0x00009490
Jun 20 20:08:44 localhost kernel[0]: 0x000000cb

With the old Adobe Flash 10.0.45.2 (search for install_flash_player_10_osx_ub.dmg) and Safari 5 everything is fine (except some flickering or artifacts playing videos from Youtube in fullscreen).

I think the failure in 10.1.53 is caused from the the Gala feature of Adobe Flash 10.1.53 which doesn't support ATI chips.

I hope somebody at Adobe will fix the bug. We could also open a thread at http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/fla...0/flashplayer10

Which graphics adapter are you using? Do you also get the upper output in the console?

Sure, here it is http://hotfile.com/dl/49544783/c6a60fc/OlderFlash10.zip.html

Don't forget to uninstall the newer one (10.1) from /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Flash Player Install Manager

Thanks! I was having the same issue and downgraded to flash 9 and also got what I thought was a working plugin from time machine before I updated. Neither of those fixes worked but "old flash" did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

help me guys

I have a same question ! now,mac can't install Adobe flash???