Any recomended SATA cards

6 posts in this topic

If you have any spare PCIe slots, a cheap card based on the Silicon Image 3132 chipset is well supported in 32/64-bit mode. 3132 cards with RAID functionality are also compatible, but is only stable when using SATA Passthrough (non-raid).

Using 64-bit mode with Sil3132 breaks sleep on my systems, 32-bit mode works fine. I'm using Raid bios and hardware Raid-0 mode, don't know if base (non-raid) bios and it's driver work better with 64-bit mode.

SYBA SY-VIA-150 PCI SATA

From the name it suggests that it's a VIA chipset. It may or may not work, but I really can't be sure - I tend to stay away from VIA chipsets. Maybe you could try and find out what chipset it has and see if anyone here has had any success with it, but I'm not entirely optimistic about it.

Hi, I need to add a SATA PCI card for my hackintosh. Is there specific ones that I should look for, or would pretty much any work?

Thanks,

Josh

If you have PCI-e slot available on the board then try the Highpoint 620A worked out of the box in my machine, SATA 6gb/s as well so good for those newer drives if you ever put one in.