List of Snow Leopard Compatible Laptops/Notebooks

17 posts in this topic

I purchased the Dell 1545 only to come to the realization it probably will never be 100% functional because of the graphics card inside of it. What im wondering is what you guys out there are running for laptops and the functionality of each. The dell was $500 bucks and ive been looking around but I cant find any solid info on what to get that will be the most functional. My biggest concern is being able to run all the apps.. im spoiled by my i7 desktop hackintosh but I can't seem to find a quality hackintosh laptop! :\

I have a Dell M1210 running 10.6.2 reason I dont upgrade to 10.6.3 is hearing the graphics cards will have problems. Other then that everything else except the webcam works. Haven't tried the card reader however. This lappie is a C2D and does have a nvidia graphics.

I have a Dell Studio 1535 with an Intel 3100 graphics card and it all works well, QE, CI, sound, wifi, power management, sleep. I did a bit of research about the graphics to avoid the pitfall of the ati and intel 4500 video cards. I compiled and edited my own dsdt.aml to get sleep to work, lots of trial and error. :D

Good Luck, Mike

I purchased the Dell 1545 only to come to the realization it probably will never be 100% functional because of the graphics card inside of it. What im wondering is what you guys out there are running for laptops and the functionality of each. The dell was $500 bucks and ive been looking around but I cant find any solid info on what to get that will be the most functional. My biggest concern is being able to run all the apps.. im spoiled by my i7 desktop hackintosh but I can't seem to find a quality hackintosh laptop! :\

The Dell Studio 14z is very compatible with Snow Leopard. See this thread for installation instructions:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=175003

So no one on this forum has a laptop running macosx? odd

---I myself managed to get SnowLeopard Universal Install v 3.5 up and running in a Packard Bell EasyNote TJ66.

BUT:

-No Sound (Conexant High Definition Audio Chipset)

-Only 1024x768 screen (which looks craply squeezed in a 15.6 screen)

---Also tested Leopard iATKOS v7 install DVD.

Here sound works fine, BUT:

-No wireless, no ethernet.

-Dragging windows in the desktop does not work well, windows do not get updated nor screen refreshed.

-Screen is widely squeezed because of the crappy 1024x768 res, same as the other distro.

Rest of it works fine. BTW...Any help on this? Graphic card is Nvidia Geforce G210M.

It seems that finding a distro which makes everything work fine in any laptop proves to be dificult...

Kudos to the hackers that built the different OSX DVD install compilations. They seem to be heroes...

Regards...

crazynudist,

Could you tell me how to get Snow Leopard running on a HP Pavilion dv6000?

I am trying to get it working on my laptop.

Help would be appreciated

Cheers

NSCXP2005

Did you get any help on this? I am trying to get Snow leopard running on my DV6700 but am having problems, if you managed to get it working, could you send me the details of how you managed to do it? I tried a few guides on some websites but when i try booting from my flash drive i get just a blank screen

• 5 months later...