Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 Help Needed To Get 100%

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I havent posted on here for a while because i've not had internet access and only just started having problems.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 ver 2.1 with F14 Bios.

I have everything sorted, regarding the;

• Sound (889a) / DSDT
  • Network (Realtek 81xx) / DSDT & Kext (for bonjour)
  • Graphics Card (nVidia 9500 GT 1GB) / Kext
  • Sata Ports (Intel ICH-9) / DSDT (recognised as ESB2)

The only problem i have now is occasionally i get a kernel panic and have to hard reboot. There seems to be no pattern to when it occurs and no reference to anything related in the log files.

Also i have no sleep, the computer goes to sleep and does this successfully as i have read in the log files but then instantaneously boots back up. This is another thing which is rather annoying.

The kexts i have are;

IN /E/E

-fakesmc.kext

-JMicronATA.kext

-LegacyHDA.kext

-NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

-NVEnabler 64.kext

-SleepEnabler.kext

IN /S/L/E

-Realtek1000SL.kext

I'm running 10.6.3, in 64-bit kernel mode and all extensions are 64bit compatible.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. I've enclosed all the files i use incase anyone else has the same board and needs anything.

Cheers

For KP - first try to disable OC (FSB , RAM, CPU). Only if you also get KP with out OC CPU, FSB + RAM i would look forward for software probs.

Often running near "limit" get KPs. At least clock down a bit (10% less OC) of FSB and of course RAM ! REMBER, from macupdate.com, an freeware RAM Test tool is perfect to be sure that OC isnt the problem. Run that for at least 1 hour (loop) and you will be safe that OC / Hardwareprobs are not the main problem.

Thanks i'll look into it and post back my findings.

Any help regarding sleep from anyone. My DSDT is included in the zip file, i've done everything to the best of my knowledge so if anyone knows any fixes or code that is missing then feel free to help.

Thanks

Quick update;

I've sorted the random kernel panics out I think which is probably due to an unstable overclock. I've run Rember for a period of a few hours, overnight and not crashed!

I'm still having problems with sleep, and also with shutting down.

- When i sleep the computer wakes instantly (With or without sleepenabler.kext).

- When i shutdown the computer it reboots (With or without either EvoReboot.kext/OpenHaltRestart.kext)

The computer restarts correctly without kexts. So this leads me to believe that there is a DSDT error somewhere. I've checked all the BIOS settings (Suspend type S3), there all correct (Worked flawlessly on Leopard too!) My CMOS doesnt get reset or anything silly like that so i'm a little stumped.

Any Ideas?

I've got this exact motherboard and while I don't have an KP's I do have an issue with sleep mode. When I put my PC to sleep normally, when it comes to waking it back up, it will change the primary monitor to be my second monitor, but it only does this the first time. To clarify, I have a monitor and a HDTV with VGA input both plugged into my PC. The monitor is my main screen, but when I put my PC to sleep, it will swap to the second screen (the TV), and not change back. I've had to trick it into thinking my monitor is my TV in order to get it working. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi, I got GA-P35-DS3 Rev. 1.0 with f14 Bios. You can find a DSDT file file for our motherboard at this address:

http://www.kexts.com/view/268-ga-p35-ds3.html

I also follow this guide, You want to install SnowLeo, I suppose... It' for P35-DS4, and there are some files grouped in a pkg file that you have to use at one stage of the installation. Before installing these files, in system profiler you can read (with the DSDT Linked above) Intel ICH9, after... you'll read Generic SATA Controller. I Think It's related to the differences between DS3 and DS4 model. Anyway, this should be only a "cosmetic" issue. Everything seems to work fine. I'm stuck at 10.6.2 due to graphic card problems, I Got a Pov 9800GT and the blue screen issue with the update. Sooner or later I'll solve it.

Anyway, here's the guide, straight and clear:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184367

hope it will be useful to you.

P.S.: I'm not actually using Sleepenabler.kext and NullCPUPwrManagement.kext, I've deleted them from the /extra folder.

Hi,

I've tried using the DSDT you've linked to and it's worse than the one i've got. For the following reasons;

- Internal SATA HDD's connected to the Intel SATA ports come up as external (With My DSDT shows internal)

- Internal SATA Chipset listed as Unknown AHCI Chipset (With My DSDT shows Intel ESB2 AHCI)

- Audio not recognised (With My DSDT shows Device ID:0x1458A002, Audio ID:885, and all available inputs/output devices)

- Sleep still not working, instant boot up after sleep cycle

- Shutdown still not working, machine restarts

To be honest my DSDT is loads better than that one. I'll include mine, ready to go in a zip file if anyone wants to try it.

The kexts i'm using in my /extra are;

- fakesmc.kext

- JMicronATA.kext

- LegacyHDA.kext

- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

- NVEnabler 64.kext

- SleepEnabler.kext

I'll also zip these files in a separate download if again anybody should want to try them.

Oh and i also figured that with my system been identified as MacPro3,1 rather than iMac11,1 its much more stable. Might be why i've had no kernel panics?? who knows.

Anyway still having problems with Sleep and Shutdown.

The Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 ver 2.1 with F14 BIOS. I can posted the BIOS file if it is any help??

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I've been looking into this for a few weeks now and its starting to be a little bit of an obsession! I could really do with the shutdown working more than the sleep because when i have to shutdown, i have to push the power button in to do so. This sometimes results in my gigabyte bios resetting to default settings (Not a CMOS Reset).

Any ideas, anyone please??

Thanks i'll look into it and post back my findings.

Any help regarding sleep from anyone. My DSDT is included in the zip file, i've done everything to the best of my knowledge so if anyone knows any fixes or code that is missing then feel free to help.

Thanks

For the Sleep issue, you might want to take alook at a similar topic of mine here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1490991

Goodluck,

ToBeMac

Patches for GA P35-DS3

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozmm2mdm1vi

to apply the patches use the DSDT editor

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

Thanks for the info.

I've checked this out, its not a bad little program to be honest. I've applied all the fixes, tried generating a new dsdt then apply the fixes. When i do this sleep results in a reboot and shutdown still doesnt work.

For the Sleep issue, you might want to take alook at a similar topic of mine here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1490991

Goodluck,

ToBeMac

Thanks for this also.

I've also checked the console logs and i get software sleep success??? Still no sleep.

One thing i think it could be is a PCI add-in card which is firewire and usb. I think this may be the problem. I'll check tomorrow by removing the card and see what happens. (Cant be arsed now as i'm off to bed)