Can't clear kext cache

7 posts in this topic

I've been trying to resolve some audio issues, and have had to shuffle back and forth between a few different kexts, but now it would seem my system refuses to clear the kext cache. It's still loading a kext that exists no where on the system, and every attempt I've made to build the cache from scratch has apparently failed.

I've tried touch /S/L/E, kextcache -system-caches, -f on boot, etc. Nothing seems to do the trick.

Is there any more forceful way to do this?

man kextcache gave this out

Mkext archives and kext repository caches must have proper ownership (root:wheel) and permissions (0644) in order to be used by the system

run Repair Permissions from Disk Utility, then navigate to /S/L/Core Services/Caches/com.apple.kext.cache/Startup and trash Extensions.mkext

Empty the trash holding the command button

I've been trying to resolve some audio issues, and have had to shuffle back and forth between a few different kexts, but now it would seem my system refuses to clear the kext cache. It's still loading a kext that exists no where on the system, and every attempt I've made to build the cache from scratch has apparently failed.

I've tried touch /S/L/E, kextcache -system-caches, -f on boot, etc. Nothing seems to do the trick.

Is there any more forceful way to do this?

Just download KextUtility and run mate. That will do the trick.