Email from Macsoft regarding Halo UB!

jouissance

29 posts in this topic

I don't think Halo is over rated. I'm not a player myself (can't stay more than 1h in front of a game, those generaly bore me to death in less than 10 mins) but I really enjoyed Halo on the Xbox.There's something I've never found back in any other FPS, hard to describe, the story is quite good for a FPS, interactions with NPCs are cool with funny dialogue lines.

Maybe it's better on console, I don't know (finished the PC version too but it was lamely ported and much much harder, not bad thow)

For me Doom 3 and HL2 are highly over rated, while those are really nice looking they really lack in the story departement (whatever you might think, a FPS still need a good story IMHO), HL2 was for me the better of the 2 even if Doom 3 really kiced its ass in therm of GFX.

As for Halo unibin I really hope it'll come out in the near future, so I can finish it again haha

Hi X,

Yes, the Halo UB is now available in some stores. We should have a downloadable option for current owners of the game available some time next week. It isn't going to be a downloadable "update" though. It will be a downloadable image of a completely new CD. There was no way to create a simple, small, updater to update Halo to universal binary. A very large percentage of the data on the disc changed. There will be more info on acquiring the new disc either by mail or download on the Halo support page at our website next week when it is released.

Thanks,

Greg Grimes

MacSoft Technical Support

On Aug 10, 2006, at 1:24 PM, X wrote:

Recently while in the apple store, I ran across a copy of Halo: Combat Evolved which claimed to be a Universal Binary. I know that MacSoftGames was developing a Universal Binary Version of Halo; however a patch is not available for download from the support page. Was the Halo package at the Apple Retail Store a fake; if not, when will the patch be available for download?

i dont suppose anyone has tried the HALO PPC on a Mac Pro with Dual 3Ghz Xeons and an X1900 XT / FX 4500 w/ 4 gigs of ram yet... im guessing that might make it playable...

From what I heard, it's playable on an iMac Core Duo with max settings if you get extra RAM. And from my experiences, it's playable on minimal settings without extra RAM. So if it doesn't run well on a Mac Pro... well, then something's very wrong :)