acronis stuck after installing osx

zek

5 posts in this topic

i made two partions on my hard drive like the tutorial in the genius bar said and after rebooting it gets to the starting acronis loader... and it hangs there for more than a day now.

i tried multiple button slamming but still can't get passed it. I searched and didn't find much on the topic..any one else know how to save my partitions and get past that scree?

If unfortunately you didn't create the Acronis BootCD (as was advised by some users on that thread), fix your mbr by the method described here by Acronis support. This will uninstall the acronis os selector from the boot sequence, and you will be able to boot in windows.

Back in windows, if you still want to use the acronis bootmanager, then do create the Acronis BootCD, which later might help you repair the bootmanager. Then you can reinstall/reinstate the bootmanager from that same bootcd (or just from disk director).

Don't use Acronis boot loader, it doesn't support OSX fully. It will often hang or become disabled and boot to WinXP.

Though I've had my problems with the Acronis boot loader and am in no way an ardent defender of this product, I have to say that it's been stable for a good while. I do not doubt one bit that it is not a perfect product, and has no official support for osx, true. But your comment seem to indicate that aoss is more buggy than it really is.

SPFDISK is quite promissing from the testimonies i've read, especially the beta-support of osx.

I'll try it out at least when official complete english information will be available. I especially want to be sure that those sectors where the 'routine' is installed on first track are not also used by other un-common/un-documented practices by other applications that might also decide to occupy this space. Does SPFDISK occupy specific sectors on track 1, or just any free sectors that it finds there?