[How to] Lenovo Y550P Congifuration

BountyX

4 posts in this topic

Booted iAtkos v 7 with following boot command:

busratio=12

Below is the customizations I made in iAtkos:

9.7 Kernel Voodoo

AHCI (optional, see voodoo deteails if you want this enabled)

Remove TYMCE

Intel Sata/IDE

VoodooPS2 w/Trackpad (for multitouch, apple works fine too)

Remove all Sound drivers

Remove all video drivers

Disabler

DSDT (optional, see voodoo details if you want this enabled)

OHR

Extra dir

Chameleon v2

Laptop Battery

Make sure you continue to boot with busratio=12 until you can access terminal. Once in terminal you can edit /Library/Preferences/ System Configuration/com.Apple.boot.plist and set the kernel string to busratio=12.

Upgrade OSX to 10.5.8 this is required to get video driver working.

Install 18.5.2f16_quadro_mac_osx.dmg (can be obtained from NVidia website)

Install Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg (attached)

You may get an error when running the NVidia installer saying you have the wrong version. If that is the case, right click on pkg and go to Contents. If you look around in the package and bin folders you should see three seperate pkgs. Install each one individually. Then reboot.

You should now have QE enabled + 1366 x 768 resolution. Next is audio driver, you will need to obtain Kext Helper (google around its everywhere).

Using the attached AppleHDA.kext.zip, unarchive it then install the kext file with kext helper. You should have audio working now as well. I advise against updating to voodoo 9.8 because the Audio driver kernel panics with that kernel. Instead, wait for vooDooHDA to work with the ALC272 chipset.

No support for wireless or ethernet drivers, I had to buy a USB dongle for wifi. Bluetooth works great. everyone is waiting for intel wifi 5300 and 5100 =/

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I realize this post was a while back, but my specs are as follows:

Lenovo Y550P

I7 1.6 4GB RAM

GT240M

Broadcom 578x series ethernet

And I believe Intel WIfi Link 5700

I had no success with the above configuration until I removed AHCI and DSDT from the customizations. And using the Apple Decrypter.

But, your booting with "busratio=12" was VERY VERY much appreciated, I had been stuck previously.

I am now in the OS, I am just not familiar with mac, and would appreciate any help with editing that boot option to change it permanently via terminal.

A reply is much appreciated.

P.S. Anyone else with a Y550P Get their Wifi/Ethernet?

• 1 month later...