ALC888 AppleHDA 10.6.3 + DSDT ***NEW VERSION***

atlee

113 posts in this topic

I also patched the AppleHDA 10.6.3 for alc888, and i have 6channel, front mic switchable with line-in, and rear mic working

But no sound after wake from sleep :(

I add the missing HDEF entry to _WAK section on dsdt.aml, but no change

any suggestion

sorry for this bad english

DSDT has no effect in 10.6.3 for ALC888 users.

You need a patched AppleHDA with HDAEnabler to inject layout id.

HDAEnabler can be replaced by dsdt injection!! Check my post #24... did you missed it!?

I guess so, as i was talking to you and you didn't even said "hi"...

I'm using this driver right now, no HDAEnabler, just generic dsdt injection.

HDAEnabler can be replaced by dsdt injection!! Check my post #24... did you missed it!?

I guess so, as i was talking to you and you didn't even said "hi"...

I'm using this driver right now, no HDAEnabler, just generic dsdt injection.

Check my AppleHDA it has HDAEnabler in Plugins folder i hid the file so you don't have 2 files, DSDT does not work with ALC888 and 10.6.3, DSDT is cosmetic only.

The AppleHDA is already binpatched and it works without hdaenabler, only layout-id inserted by dsdt

The problem is that sound stops working after sleep

Check my AppleHDA it has HDAEnabler in Plugins folder i hid the file so you don't have 2 files, DSDT does not work with ALC888 and 10.6.3, DSDT is cosmetic only.

Did you understand any of what i've said?! Do you even know what you're uploading??

"Your" driver is what i'm using, the latest in the first post. There's no HDAEnabler on AppleHDA plugins folder! HDAEnabler comes separated.

I checked that before using it; i have enough knowledge to know a injector is needed, be it HDAEnabler or any other form of injection.

DSDT injection is not cosmetic! The pin configs we put there are, but the injection is very real!!

I'm even loading the driver from Extra/Extensions.mkext (dependencies satisfied).

Man, are you the one patching this driver???

I was expecting you to know all this stuff!! :(

The AppleHDA is already binpatched and it works without hdaenabler, only layout-id inserted by dsdt

Still needs injection.

Can't help with sleep.. it's not working properly on my machine and i don't even use it.

Sound does not stop working after sleep, works fine.

Did you understand any of what i've said?! Do you even know what you're uploading??

"Your" driver is what i'm using, the latest in the first post. There's no HDAEnabler on AppleHDA plugins folder! HDAEnabler comes separated.

I checked that before using it; i have enough knowledge to know a injector is needed, be it HDAEnabler or any other form of injection.

DSDT injection is not cosmetic! The pin configs we put there are, but the injection is very real!!

I'm even loading the driver from Extra/Extensions.mkext (dependencies satisfied).

Man, are you the one patching this driver???

I was expecting you to know all this stuff!! :blink:

Still needs injection.

Can't help with sleep.. it's not working properly on my machine and i don't even use it.

I don't really like people with an attitude like you, i've spent many hours on this kext's version and i can tell you that i cannot load the sound driver using DSDT method, good for you if it works but DSDT does not inject id 12 for me. I've done it over and over and it doesn't work, so that's why i have placed hdaenabler inside AppleHDA. I really don't care what way you do it, People that talk like you i don't really care.

I don't really like people with an attitude like you, i've spent many hours on this kext's version...
So, i show you that the DSDT you "HAD" posted was wrong, probably why it doesn't work for you!? at least for me it doesn't;

provide info for other users; you don't care to answer the direct questions i politely posed you; i even give you a "tumbs up" for

the work; i have to sting you with

Man, are you the one patching this driver??? I was expecting you to know all this stuff!!
to get some concrete answer from you; and i'm the one with the attitude?!? :unsure:

Why the hell didn't you answered when i asked you if the dsdt you posted was working for you??

Why didn't you said it didn't worked then? That would have been a nice attitude from you.

So basically anyone with ALC888 on AMD is better off with a new sound card?

Thanks,

Tobagin

If you have AMD then you do not have Intel Realtek ALC888, different chips AMD use. If you do not have intel chip board, not much can help you.

So basically anyone with ALC888 on AMD is better off with a new sound card?

Thanks,

Tobagin

My solution should work for all ALC888 users, If your codec address changes, i did bring out 3 versions for 3 diff addresses.

MacOSX 10.6.3 released! Newest AppleHDA.kext v1.8.4fc3

Bin hacked for ALC888 address 2

This version has codec verbs rearranged so no insertion errors, This will be my final version of this as i'm happy now.

This version shows all connections perfectly because the verbs are inserted properly.

Outputs / Inputs shown below. Might do another version later.

2ly4nrd.png

2s12b9x.png

Green out, HP Out, Mic, Line-In, Digital In/Out

Works great on GA-EP45-UD3LR!

Thanks!

My solution should work for all ALC888 users, If your codec address changes, i did bring out 3 versions for 3 diff addresses.

Hey, i have tried all the versions, but none of them worked. is it possible to change the address to the one i have? How can dump the infos. Appreciated for your time.

Working great on my Gigabyte X58-UD3R, thanks! No issues when using "internal speakers".

Only issue I'm running into is that digital out (optical or coax) both seem to stop working after a certain amount of time selected in System Preferences. The sound will drop out and the selection under Sound will jump back to the previous position which is in my case Internal Speakers.

If I switch it back to digital out it will show the output volume slider allowing me to change volume which isn't something you can normally do with digital out. Also I can't reselect digital out because everytime you close the sys pref screen it jumps back to internal speakers. But regardless of the previous it doesn't function through digital out anymore untill the computer has been restarted.

I will have to come up with a new solution for 10.6.4 lol audio works differently again :) damn.

Working great on my Gigabyte X58-UD3R, thanks! No issues when using "internal speakers".

Only issue I'm running into is that digital out (optical or coax) both seem to stop working after a certain amount of time selected in System Preferences. The sound will drop out and the selection under Sound will jump back to the previous position which is in my case Internal Speakers.

If I switch it back to digital out it will show the output volume slider allowing me to change volume which isn't something you can normally do with digital out. Also I can't reselect digital out because everytime you close the sys pref screen it jumps back to internal speakers. But regardless of the previous it doesn't function through digital out anymore untill the computer has been restarted.

Is it switching using a certain program, what are you doing whilst it does this?

mine doesn't work, is it because I'm on AMD? can someone post an installer rather than just kext. i install it using kext helper but don't know how to repair permission(i use osx86 and it give apple script error -1).i boot with -f hopping that it will bypass the cache but still not working.

mobo ga-ma770-ud3 alc888.

i installed voodooHDA but the sound stutter.

Thank you very much atlee. :rolleyes:

Now sound works again on my motherboard (Gigabyte X58A-UD7) and Mac OS 10.6.3.

I'm about to build my first hack pro tonight with x58A-ud7 using kakewalk and this for sound. I'm sorry but not familiar on how to install these files. How did you install them? Thanks!

mine doesn't work, is it because I'm on AMD? can someone post an installer rather than just kext. i install it using kext helper but don't know how to repair permission(i use osx86 and it give apple script error -1).i boot with -f hopping that it will bypass the cache but still not working.

mobo ga-ma770-ud3 alc888.

i installed voodooHDA but the sound stutter.

There are different codec address's, this is made for address 2, yours could be 0 or 1, only way to find that out is search in windows in regedit and look for pinconfigs or run linux live cd and do a codec dump open terminal cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/dump.txt

Look in Linux Root folder > Proc > asound, could be card0, 1 or 2, also codec#0 could be 1 or 2 so you have to change the format to suit yours.

MacOSX 10.6.3 released! Newest AppleHDA.kext v1.8.4fc3

Binpatched AppleHDA

I compared ALC885 verbs to ALC888 verbs and so I rearranged them and also used my path maps and this creates no insertion errors.

This NEW VERSION should work all ALC888 chips.

The Mic is showing as noname but as long as it works right :angry2: i don't really care

RETEST PLEASE, HP Out works, Lineout Works.

Mic, LineIn, Dig In/Out not tested but should all work.

NEW AS OF 22/05/2010

I will be working on getting my videocards HDMI audio which hopefully i also can incorporate into AppleHDA, my next big project :P

Worked for SL 1.6.2 on EP45-DS3L.

I will have to come up with a new solution for 10.6.4 lol audio works differently again ;) damn.

Is it switching using a certain program, what are you doing whilst it does this?

The times I've noticed it, it's associated with VLC crashing. Most of the time I just let a movie play and I end up falling asleep and waking up with no digital audio output. I downloaded your new kext and I'll get back to you when I've done some more testing.