SnowOSX V3.6 DVD wont boot properly for some reason

christophski

5 posts in this topic

Basically go to boot the disk i get the apple logo saying its loading, then i get this white box with a stop sign in it, ive burnt the disk exactly the same as i did with the rest of my distro's that worked, so why isnt this loading? ;)

What hardware are you using? Sounds like the OS can't find the installation files. Are you using an sata drive?

What hardware are you using? Sounds like the OS can't find the installation files. Are you using an sata drive?

Yup, the machine is a dell inspiron 530,intel quad core model, i got 2 sata HDD in it, nvidia geforce fx 8500 512mb, what do you suggest ?

I'm just confused because all the leopard distro's ive previously tried ive had no problems with, and now this one won't even let me in to the installation :-(

is SnowOSXv10.6 Leopard or Snow Leopard? I think I heard somewhere on here it's a version of Leopard. but then the name suggests it's Snow Leopard.

If it's snow leopard I cannot get it to boot on My Core i5 750 system. it just reboots in a loop over and over. various kernel flags don't help either :P

I was told OS X SL 10.6.2 and no lower should work on this PC and SnowOSXv3.6 I investigated and I'm sure it's OS X 10.6.2 which is compatible with i5's is there anything I can try before I give up on this distro? Different kernel or boot loader I can replace in the DVD image maybe?

Thank you.

Basically go to boot the disk i get the apple logo saying its loading, then i get this white box with a stop sign in it, ive burnt the disk exactly the same as i did with the rest of my distro's that worked, so why isnt this loading? :)

Use -v -x during boot so we can see what your error message is?

Cheers