Dell Inspiron 1564 -100$ for your expertise and time.

mind_bomb

23 posts in this topic

Ok I've got enough trying to succeed and would like to pass it to professionals.

What I need is a successful boot of Snow Leopard or 10.5.8 on my machine Dell 1564 with i3 330m bios A01 ;and for help with that I'm offering 100 $ paid through PayPal upon successful boot; preferably with resolution 1366x786.

I did install Kalyway 10.5.2 and got pretty much everything working on it but I just CAN'T get through trying to install Snow Leopard or any distro above 10.5.2

I tried IPC 10.5.6 iAtikos v7 Hazard 10.5.6 universal 10.6.1 and every time I put install DVD in, it starts at the " press F8 screen " but when I hit enter (and, or -f, -v, -x,-s) computer will only restart. I tried the -boot 321 CD same issue. Kalyway goes through without a glitch -anything else lead only to the computer restarting itself.

Looking for help this is a laptop for my niece and I promised her a working Mac , and just can't get it done . As I mentioned before- 100$ for your expertise and time.

why leopard?, the machine is perfectly capable of running snow

also, could you provide the specs of the machine?

last time I checked it should work on most of the components with minor tweaking

can you tell me how? where is the installation guide page?

You have a unique problem that no previous guide will help for the simple fact that you have an i3 processor that isn't yet supported by Mac. Honestly I'm amazed that you were able to get Kalway to install on an i3 even if unstable.

The previous Dell mentioned is a Core2Duo (according to the Dell site) so it will work very well in that case. Like my HP laptop is a near carbon copy of a Macbook Pro so installing Snow Leopard and all of the hacks was and is very easy.

Yours is different in that you'll need the Qoopz kernel to get it to boot with an i3. Errr...in theory that is :unsure:

If there's a new distro out that contains the Qoopz kernel you'd have to enter that at the boot prompt. iaktos used the voodoo kernels where you'd type:

mach_970 -v -f

or something like that at boot. I'm not sure of the Qoopz command in a newer distro but it's probably the same procedure. Good luck :)

• 3 weeks later...
Ok I've got enough trying to succeed and would like to pass it to professionals.

What I need is a successful boot of Snow Leopard or 10.5.8 on my machine Dell 1564 with i3 330m bios A01 ;and for help with that I'm offering 100 $ paid through PayPal upon successful boot; preferably with resolution 1366x786.

Hi don't despair,

I've posted a Boot132CD for this machine.

Have a look here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/366672906/Dell...oot132.iso.html

And report back on your ordeal and fun.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi don't despair,

I've posted a Boot132CD for this machine.

Have a look here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/366672906/Dell...oot132.iso.html

And report back on your ordeal and fun.

Good luck.

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times

can you pls upload this file to anyother location ?

Thanx ;)

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times

can you pls upload this file to anyother location ?

Thanx ;)

Moved to Collector's Account. Hope you can download it now.

Tell me if you still have problems.

Cheers.

thanx, its downloading now , do i hav to follow anyother instruction to use this cd, or just boot with it and replace with SL dvd ???

Burn the CD. Inside there's a small description on the install process.

It should work, w/o any major problem. :(

Post back some msg from your new hack.

Good luck.

Moved to Collector's Account. Hope you can download it now.

Tell me if you still have problems.

Cheers.

well i booted with the CD and then SL but i'm stuck with this screen :)

and this is the same screen i'm getting since i start trying to install MAC :)

It should work, w/o any major problem. ;)

Good luck.

i forgot to mention that , i've Dell Inspiron 1564 with Intel HD Graphics :)

post-587268-1270059008_thumb.jpg

well i booted with the CD and then SL but i'm stuck with this screen :wacko:

and this is the same screen i'm getting since i start trying to install MAC :(

i forgot to mention that , i've Dell Inspiron 1564 with Intel HD Graphics :)

Hi, you really need to be patient...

1. My Boot132CD has only been tested with ATI HD 4330 (my rig) not with Intel's! :(

2. Your pic shows some weird kexts (e.g. es_osx86_EVoreboot, etc) being referenced (?), which

shouldn't be there in the first place. Please try to sort it out and start up a clean installation on a fresh

formatted GPT partition.

3. I'm afraid I can't help you with Intel graphics. I can tell you that I'm using RadeonHD.kext to get 1366x768

native resolution w/o QE/CI what's good enough for me.

Cheers,

PS: Actually I'm using it at this very moment running 10.6.3 :P still w/o QE/CI.

Nice link. It may help some people with slightly different hardware.

On the other hand, your comment sounds very much like a provocative 'deviation'.

Have you at least tried my purposed solution?

Cheers

Sorry, I didn't want to provocate. I only read the "problematic" posts, seen the screenshot after your suggestion, and wanted to advise the solution that worked for me.

I don't own such notebook, so I cannot test. However tonymac discusses new core processors on his blog with completeness, and the main problem is for i3 which isn't supported by vanilla kernel, and needs a patched one like qoopz. I don't know what's your processor, maybe you don't have problems because yours is supported.

@M. Arsalan Anwar:

you may try booting with this strings, with all distributions and proposed BootCDs:

arch=i386 busratio=16 cpus=1

Sorry, I didn't want to provocate. I only read the "problematic" posts, seen the screenshot after your suggestion, and wanted to advise the solution that worked for me.

I don't own such notebook, so I cannot test. However tonymac discusses new core processors on his blog with completeness, and the main problem is for i3 which isn't supported by vanilla kernel, and needs a patched one like qoopz. I don't know what's your processor, maybe you don't have problems because yours is supported.

@M. Arsalan Anwar:

you may try booting with this strings, with all distributions and proposed BootCDs:

arch=i386 busratio=16 cpus=1

i've already been there at tonymacx86 forums but unfortunately they don't support Intel HD graphics but i found a post there where a user able to install SL on the same machine as mine

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...mp;p=8113#p8113

but for me Boot-132 and tonymacx86 both stuck at kernel panic, also i tried with this string but results the same

meanwhile i'm able to install Leopard 10.5.6 using IDeneb 1.4 and its workin pretty fine with Kernel_SS3 patched by Modbin. Surprisingly i don't have to add busratio flag even while booting with dvd.

hope i'll able to install Snow Leopard too , need ur help ppl ;)

i've able to install Snow Leopard on Dell Inspiron 1564 (Intel HD Graphic)

using SnowLeo SnowLeopard, you can find it at Piratebay, its has modified kernels for Intel Pentium4 , Intel Atom, and for AMD.

Pcj XNU and chocolate kernel both are working on this machine.

Don't forget to add busratio=20 flag and after finishing installation, when boot for first time add -v -x , otherwise boot may stuck.

to avoid writing busratio flag everytime , add this to com.apple.boot.plist

one more thing, dvd doesn't contains kexts for this system, so before installation download all these kexts from kexts.com

For Wifi : Broadcom

Audio : VoodooHDA 2.56

LAN : RealtekR1000

Bluetooth : Dell BluetoothHCI 1.2

Happy Hackintoshing ! ;)

I am facing some problem related to keyboard. My Laptop keyboard is not recognized. Maybe forgot to add PS kexts.

Edit: I am successfull installing the PS kexts, Voodo did not worked but Apple PS Worked. But everytime I have to type busratio=20... Could not find the appropriate plist to edit it.

using SnowLeo SnowLeopard, you can find it at Piratebay, its has modified kernels for Intel Pentium4 , Intel Atom, and for AMD.

Don't forget to add busratio=20 flag and after finishing installation, when boot for first time add -v -x , otherwise boot may stuck.

one more thing, dvd doesn't contains kexts for this system, so before installation download all these kexts from kexts.com

Happy Hackintoshing ! :(

i forgot to mentioned that you can easily upgrade to 10.6.2 using Combo update but before restart don't forget to install Legacy Kernel 10.2.0. you can download it from http://www.kexts.com/view/157-10.6.2_kerne..._-pentium4.html

i tried to upgrade to 10.6.3 using the same way but it stuck and hav to reinstall again.

any help would be appreciated .

sss

You have a unique problem that no previous guide will help for the simple fact that you have an i3 processor that isn't yet supported by Mac. Honestly I'm amazed that you were able to get Kalway to install on an i3 even if unstable.

The previous Dell mentioned is a Core2Duo (according to the Dell site) so it will work very well in that case. Like my HP laptop is a near carbon copy of a Macbook Pro so installing Snow Leopard and all of the hacks was and is very easy.

Yours is different in that you'll need the Qoopz kernel to get it to boot with an i3. Errr...in theory that is ;)

If there's a new distro out that contains the Qoopz kernel you'd have to enter that at the boot prompt. iaktos used the voodoo kernels where you'd type:

mach_970 -v -f

or something like that at boot. I'm not sure of the Qoopz command in a newer distro but it's probably the same procedure. Good luck :)

Which HP laptop model do you have?

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Hackintoshing ! ;)

thx,

busratio=20 or busratio=16?

what about Q/E?

• 3 months later...

It should work, w/o any major problem. ;)

Good luck.

This might be reviving a slightly old thread, but I created an account specifically for this problem :(

I've followed your guide, and I've installed/booted into Safe Mode, installed Chameleon, enabled the root account, and installed the kexts using a Kext Installer b7, but the only step I can't do is 7.5, which is important seeing as the only reason it won't boot normally, is because I have an Inspiron 1564, ATI 5450, i3.

Step 7.5 is unclear and I've never used Terminal before. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I also have same model with ati radeon 4330, this method helped me to get to 10.6.2, but when i try to get to 10.6.3 or 10.6.4, I get kernel panic in the middle of update process.

Please help, I have attached my kernel panic pics.

post-665573-1284657523_thumb.jpg

post-665573-1284657572_thumb.jpg

post-665573-1284657876_thumb.jpg