New Apple User question

4 posts in this topic

Well, I just bought my first Legitmate Apple Computer today, Why am I still running windows you ask? I bought it for my sisters 11th birthday. Its a used G3 PowerPC, and runs flawlessly for simple tasks like youtube videos and that sorta thing. I am thinking about purchasing Another Identical for the same price as a video editing system. But I don't believe the processor will be able to handle it. Is it possible to use a G4 or G5 Processor (Which is faster of course) on the G3 motherboard? I know where I can get the processors very cheap if it is.

Well, I just bought my first Legitmate Apple Computer today, Why am I still running windows you ask? I bought it for my sisters 11th birthday. Its a used G3 PowerPC, and runs flawlessly for simple tasks like youtube videos and that sorta thing. I am thinking about purchasing Another Identical for the same price as a video editing system. But I don't believe the processor will be able to handle it. Is it possible to use a G4 or G5 Processor (Which is faster of course) on the G3 motherboard? I know where I can get the processors very cheap if it is.

You can upgrade a G3 to a G4 CPU. There are processor upgrades you can order.