JaS OSx86 10.4.6 Install DVD & built in audio

mikel

16 posts in this topic

I got JaS OSx86 10.4.6 Install DVD and it was bundled with the patches and all that. I came bundled with the ac97 audio drivers & soundblaster drivers, but when i restarted it was telling me that the kfile was not valid and that i needed to reinstall them or contact the vendor and now the audio will not work. My previous 10.4.5 installed no problem and i had audio. Should i reinstall this without those ac97 and soundblaster drivers? And also i have a hp zd8000 and i cannot find a clear cut install of how to get higher than the 1024X768 any help would be great.

Thanks

Mikel

I[t] came bundled with the ac97 audio drivers & soundblaster drivers, but when i restarted it was telling me that the kfile was not valid and that i needed to reinstall them or contact the vendor and now the audio will not work. My previous 10.4.5 installed no problem and i had audio. Should i reinstall this without those ac97 and soundblaster drivers? And also i have a hp zd8000 and i cannot find a clear cut install of how to get higher than the 1024X768 any help would be great.

Thanks

Mikel

Soundblaster drivers?? Are you saying that your Creative audio card is working in OS X? Is it a PCI card?

no i am using a laptop (zd8000) and this image included soundblaster and AC97 audio drivers. well it installs and it works fine but the ac97.kext and the soundblaster.kext will give errors when the system boots up and i have no sound. My previous 10.4.5 worked good and im trying to figure out how to get this sound working. Along with getting higher than 1024X768... I have a x600 mobile radeon..

If you get errors from kexts upon boot, it means that OS X has found compatable hardware and is at least attempting to load the drivers. The error it runs into is most likely permissions-related.

Try this in terminal:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

If the laptop has built in AC97 audio, AppleAC97audio.kext should work with it. If you have an external USB soundblaster audio device, the soundblaster kext will work with that. If you have an internal soundblaster card, it won't work.

well this is what is going on, that JAS install when you go to customize should allow me to uncheck the boxes so it doesnt install that soundblaster driver right? if its supposed too, it wont let me. How do i keep it from installing that driver or to uninstall that driver?

i did a fresh install of the JAS osx package and when i try to boot up the system without the dvd in there i get a b0 error. But when i put the dvd in there it wants to run the install again... im tempted to go back to tiger.

i did a fresh install of the JAS osx package and when i try to boot up the system without the dvd in there i get a b0 error. But when i put the dvd in there it wants to run the install again... im tempted to go back to tiger.

To fix the b0 problem, use a window98 boot disk and run fdisk from the disk, make your mac partition "Active". There is an option in there to "set partitions". There are various way to rid the b0 problem but this is what worked for me.

To fix the b0 problem, use a window98 boot disk and run fdisk from the disk, make your mac partition "Active". There is an option in there to "set partitions". There are various way to rid the b0 problem but this is what worked for me.

...or make it active from windoze (from Administrative Tools > Computer Management).

...or use a Partition Magic bootable CD.

If you get errors from kexts upon boot, it means that OS X has found compatable hardware and is at least attempting to load the drivers. The error it runs into is most likely permissions-related.

Try this in terminal:

If the laptop has built in AC97 audio, AppleAC97audio.kext should work with it. If you have an external USB soundblaster audio device, the soundblaster kext will work with that. If you have an internal soundblaster card, it won't work.

I had this exact problem with my installation of jas 10.4.6, I installed it and osx would boot find and dandy, but it loaded at 1024x800 and came up with those messages as well. So i scoured the forums for some fixes and ended up doing the permissions fix that you stated above. Afterwards when i go to boot osx it gets stuck on the load up process.

Here are some of the things it says during boot up:

kextd[35]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module System/Lbirary/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/MACOS/ACPI_SMC_PlatoformPlugin.

kextd[35] a link/load error occured for kernel extentsion /System/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginFamily.kext/Contents/PluIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlguin.kext

AppleAC97CodexAD198x: 2-to-4 channel spreading enabled

localhost MDNSresponder-108: starting

localhost DirectoryService[61]: launched version 2.1 (v353.2) com_apple_driver_RTL8139 Ethernet address

localhost /Ssytem/Lbirary/CoreSErvices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow: Login Window Application Started

(keep in mind that I typed this by hand, blindly.)

Somethign strange to note though is that when I press the volume up, down, mute buttons on my notebook it makes the apple sound for each of those buttons like I'm within the operating system. OR press random buttons it plays a sound (error sound). It isn't locked up because I can suspend the laptop and resume it just fine.

Any ideas for a osX86 newbie?

Here's some info about the type of notebook I have.

HP compaq presario v4000

Intel centrino mobile processor 1.73ghz SSE2 enabled.

SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio (analog Devince inc.)

AtI mobiltiy radeon x700

Realtek RTL8139/810x Faimly fast ethernet nic.

IntelR Pro.Wireless 2200GB network Connection.

I appreciate any help, Thanks!

BUMP cause I still haven't solved my problem?

Here's some additinoal information.

extension com.apple.driver.appleac93audiointelich has no kernel dependancy

extension com.apple.driver.appleappleac93audio has no kernel dependancy

extension com.apple.driver.appleappleacpithermal has no kernel dependancy

extension com.apple.driver.appleappleac93codecad198x has no kernel dependancy

extension com.apple.driver.appleappleac93audio has no kernel dependancy

appleAC93CodecAD197x: 2-to-4 channel spreading enabled

I get this after doing a -v during boot.

Hello, Did you fix the sound issue yet? I am having the same issue. I already replaced the AC97Audio kext that people suggested. I also ran kextload from the teminal, fix permission and nothing worked. Please let me know if you found the cure for this. Thank you.

Try this in terminal:

Thank you thank you!

That completes my install on a Dell Inspiron 600m! Everything worked but sound until I combined this with the Wiki Guide.

this fixed all of my driver issues. I was getting errors on startup that my trackpad, keyboard, and audio drivers were messed up. now all 3 work perfectly!

only thing that ISN'T working with the trackpad is scrolling.

ALSO: I put a belkin wireless card in. works perfectly - OS X thinks its an airport card (same chipset I guess).