Intel GMA945 (0x27AE8086+0x27A28086) resolution + CI/QE/OpenGL solution

Andy Vandijck

189 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have a greay screen of death .... but if i press the power button and then return button it turns off so i know its loaded .. everything just the screen didnt wanna work..

im on 10.6.8 applied your 2 kext with kext utility and its a toshiba nb100 NETBOOK with an external screen, ive removed the kexts(es) and it works again at 1024 x 768 @ 60hertz with no QE / CI please help ! this is the only thing not working as ive replaced the wifi card and got the voodoo sound to work !!!!!!! will post in my walk through the kext if its working or not thank you for anything you can do in advanced !

ps forgot to say im on chameleon 2.0 rc 4 !

These kexts worked with 10.6.8 and your Atom kernel. Thanks a lot :D

the 3.6.3 kexts above on that post worked for me.

im

Toshiba nb 100

chameleon 2.0 rc 4

27ae not 27a2 (ID's)

and via an external screen with legacy 10.6.8 Kernel no mention of QE or CI though but i can change the resolution thank you very muchly !

The best solution i found for the GMA 27a2 version is the combination

AppleintelGMA950 1.6.36

AIFB 1.4.20

Screen Resolution works fine, QE full working

second monitor too

only Word 2011 gives some curios problems with the cursor.

GraphicsEnabler=No

cause it gives problems by using PowerPoint without using a second display

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
The best solution i found for the GMA 27a2 version is the combination

AppleintelGMA950 1.6.36

AIFB 1.4.20

Screen Resolution works fine, QE full working

second monitor too

Hi,

Could you please give me detailed instructions on how to get full resolution? I got my iAtkos S3 working on my GMA450 laptop but I'm stuck in the 1024x768 resolution. I must have installed 50 kext files and tried anything and everything, but I just can't get it working =(

Thanks for your time.

• 1 month later...

hola anV

mira tengo un gran dolor de muelas con mi intel gma 945 27ae en 10.6.8 actualizado por metodo combo upader+legacy_kernel de nawcom

no puedo aser funciona QE/CI en mi note... una acer aspire one D250 y no se si me puedas dar un tuto de como editar el dsdt y poder agregar el codigo que pones en el fix...

mejor explicado en este post mio

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=273883

englis

hello anv

I have a great look toothache with my Intel GMA 945 in 10.6.8 updated 27ae method comboupate + legacy_kernel by nawcom and

I can not work QE / CI on my note ... acer aspire one D250 and do not know if you can give me a tuto on how to edit the dsdt and add the dsdt fix ines in the patch that you put in the tutorial...

best explained in this post

http://translate.google.com.mx/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insanelymac.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D273883&act=url

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i have a greay screen of death .... but if i press the power button and then return button it turns off so i know its loaded .. everything just the screen didnt wanna work..

im on 10.6.8 applied your 2 kext with kext utility and its a toshiba nb100 NETBOOK with an external screen, ive removed the kexts(es) and it works again at 1024 x 768 @ 60hertz with no QE / CI please help ! this is the only thing not working as ive replaced the wifi card and got the voodoo sound to work !!!!!!! will post in my walk through the kext if its working or not thank you for anything you can do in advanced !

ps forgot to say im on chameleon 2.0 rc 4 !

i have same issue like you, i suggest you try boot with ###### from tonymacx86. Because it's work for me. Sory for my english, i'm indonesia.

i have same issue like you, i suggest you try boot with ###### from tonymacx86. Because it's work for me. Sory for my english, i'm indonesia.

i mean ######

• 2 months later...

I just want to ask question regarding on my sony vaio vgn-sz23gp laptop with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed.

how can i adjust my screen resolution to 1280x800?

im stucked with 1280x768 resolution that gives me a white bar below dock.

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

kext installed:

natit.kext

• 2 months later...

I tried the MLpostfactor files on this laptop and it does work. (i.e.: can open VLC, webcam in 10.8)

you need

1) working 32bit boot with dp1 extensions from mlpostfactor, i.e. 10.8, 10.8.2 system must boot with arch=i386, and check the kernel_task is 32bit in activity monitor

2) working dsdt for resolution

3) must overwrite the OpenGL framework file with the one in mlpostfactor patched, else the GUI will keep crash and respawn

then afp and some other stuff not work (trying the fix now..)

• 1 year later...

Not sure anyone is still looking at this post, but I wondering if anyone can help to figure out why mine won't detect the correct laptop display resolution. 

I just installed 10.6.8 in my old Asus EeePC 1000H. I got VGA output working, QE/CI working, but on the laptop screen, it will only do 800x600, it won't detect 1024x600 resolution.

Tried Slice's My Bootloader, and AnVAL5 boot loader. DSDT patch etc.

Any suggestion?

OK, I answer my own question. SwtichResx and display override come in for rescue,  and it does the trick.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

need help with Acer Aspire One ZG5 and integrated Intel GMA945 27ae on Mac OS 10.6.4. I can't change the resolution to something higher than 1024 x 600. In addition the whole system is painfully slow. Google Earth doesn't show the globe. Most windows are cut off because they don't fit on the screen.

Tried so many kexts up to now. Some of them need additional scripts getting run. File content of zip-packages often differs. Someone knows which of the many gma945/950-drivers out there will just work fine? Aspire ZG5 was built in series. Who else got this model to work?