Cant boot after Chameleon 2 RC4 install

MX5

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I tried doing the Chameleon 2 RC4 install using the installer from kexts.com. After the install was finished, and I restarted, I get this error message at the Apple start up. Please help!!

post-260179-1265941236_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Install the disabler.kext in /extra/extensions that disables the two kernel extensions (EFIRuntime and EFINVRAM) that cause the kernel panic. Use the forum search or google to find it. It's around.

Just drop it in there, no need to fix permissions, Chameleon doesn't care about kernel extension permissions as long as you use /extra/extensions.

• 2 months later...
Install the disabler.kext in /extra/extensions that disables the two kernel extensions (EFIRuntime and EFINVRAM) that cause the kernel panic. Use the forum search or google to find it. It's around.

Just drop it in there, no need to fix permissions, Chameleon doesn't care about kernel extension permissions as long as you use /extra/extensions.

This is the solution isn't it?

I found that any mention of problems faced after installing chamelon get a lot of hostility.

Chamelon corrupted at least two of my installs and I had to start from scratch.

My posts pertaining to this get removed. Or get very hostile replies.

My 2 cents avoid chamelon. If you can.

It's not really an option these days, Chameleon is the only bootloader being actively developed and most bootloaders that aren't named "Chameleon" are built upon the Chameleon codebase.

If you read my first post in this thread I already posted a solution to the problem the OP is having. How is that hostile?

When someone posts asking for a solution right after a solution was provided, and clearly does so for no other reason than to get their post count up to five, yes, I can get hostile, I admit that. That had nothing to do with Chameleon though.

I don't see the replies you got over at the voodooprojects forum as hostile, you were simply told what you did wrong.

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/...12.html#msg6712

It's not Chameleon's fault:

-that you deleted your Windows 7 "system restored" boot partition.

-that you couldn't boot a hacked distro DVD from a boot-132 CD ("it worked last time" - sorry but that's not possible, you cannot boot a hacked distro that already has a bootloader on it from a Boot-132 CD).

-that you thought that a 4GB single-layer DVD image named "XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final" was retail OS X.

-that you wrongly believe that there should be - and keep insisting on it when you are told that there isn't - a hidden EFI partition on your MBR partitioned drive.

Chameleon does not corrupt data by itself, and it gets installed where you install it.

You are supposed to know where that is, after all you are the person typing the commands.

If you don't know where you've installed Chameleon, how can anyone help you remove it?

Hi, i'm new so can't start a new post, but my problem is kind of similar, but rather opposite.

I installed iPC osx86 10.5.6 final great, no problems, and wanted the new chameleon. however, as i was new, i decided to use the installer package that came with it, and then later,upgrade it.

I did this, and everything was fine. Until my windows partition wouldn't boot up anymore saying there was an error and that a device was missing? =s

Anyway after some attempts, i had a new clean windows installed, so reinstalling wasnt a problem (or so i thought).

I installed win7 fine, and then updated everything back to how i had it. And then, i restart my laptop, only to find that the chameleon bootloader didn;t load, and it went straight to windows...

This is probably because i overwrite the boot settings so now, it'll only boot to windows. How do i get either, windows to recognise both OS's OR get chameleon back with latest version and both os's. Thanks

EDIT:

I've just read that easyBCD works, but not really a detailed soltuion. Also, my osx, as it's on a laptop, is running on a partition on one signle drive.

You must use the new fdisk440 binary and install Chameleon manually.

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/...43.html#msg5343

haha, thanks for this. However, i just reinstalled the whole os >< Do'h. But i didnt have anything on it so it wasn't as bad. But now, i have a problem with the whindows boots..

I installed easybcd, and then added the macosx, but then it didnt work so i deleted it but now, when i boot up, i get the chameleon bootloader, fine, but then when i click on the windows partition, it goes to the windows bootloader an it's got the mac osx parition on there, as well as winows 7, but the mac osx doesnt work.

• 3 years later...