10.4.5 and network Realtek rtl8139

9 posts in this topic

For the most part, it seems like that card is supported. You can try pasting in the card's device ID into the IONetworkingFamily.kext, and see how far that will get you. Perhaps you could be a little more detailed?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm also having this issue using the same notebook - HP/Compaq Presario R3000 (Celeron 2.8, ATI 9100IGP chipset)

Now here's the wired part - during installation the network works perfectly when i test it using the network utility, its only after installation that the card doesn't work. (Points to patch selection but i'm not sure) I can also provide any extra information if its needed.

MrBond - Just tried what you suggested but my network card's ID was already in the kext.

All help is greatly appreciated!

I had a problem in the 10.4.5 version and was resolved when i updated for 10.4.6.

Ash86 open your Preferences Panel and Network, make a screenshot and post it here, i think than you is with the same problem than i had. If was the same problem, i can help you.

Hi, Junio Vitorino

Thanks for your reply. Here is the screenshot of my network preferences. Although it says unplugged, the ethernet cable is plugged in and the lights are flashing so it must be up to something, and i am unable to configure the network.

I Installed using the JaS 10.4.6 dvd so would you reccomend i upgrade to 10.0.7?

Thanks!

netgrab.tiff

Hello.

I'm posting this from my x86 box! :blink:

I fixed this by reading here (sorry, should have searched more) and selecting the 10.4.6 GMA900 package during installation and it now works fine :poster_oops:

Thanks for your efforts guys.

Ash

Ok Ash86, i'am happy than you was able to fix your trouble. Your problem not was o than i had, i had other problem, than was into the network panel, my nic was recognized two times. Be happy now with your OSx86 Box.

Yeah, i recommend you update for the last version of OSX available.