How much should i sell this for?

Staphyl

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want a Macbook, 20" HD ACD, and Mac mini 1.66 Ghz Core Duo. Total: $2,800 w/o tax or shipping

I have a very nice Hackintosh.

P4 HTT, SSE3, PAE 3.2 Ghz

1GB DDR2 RAM (1 stick)

200 GB SATA Seagate Barracuda

DVD+-RW 8x4x24

DVD-ROM

8:1 Media Reader w/ USB 2.0 and Firewire.

Intel D915GUXLK

Intel GMA 900 (CI/QE/OpenGL/2D&3D Accel)

All of this stuff works flawless on my Hackintosh. Im asking all who see this to give me a REALISTIC price on what i should sell it for. If i did. Its worth $1600 New... The computer is about a year old....not bad if i do say so myself. Also, i heard that Mash got a Macbook Pro by using macs.free4me.net does that work? If so i could just do that and just save my self about $1500. :(

Staphyl

Well you aren't going to get $1600, honestly I'm not sure you'll get $500+ for the setup. It's not that it's a bad setup but like you said it's 1 year old. The hardware available now for the same price is far superior including low cost Pentium D dual core processors (PD 805 ~$100 @ newegg). I'd say ~$75 for the P4, ~$75 for the DDR (pc3200?), ~$75 for the SATA HDD, $20 for the DVDRW, $10 for the DVDROM, ~$50 for the mobo with GMA900. I'm assuming the whole thing comes with the case, PSU and HSF for the p4 so add ~$50. So I'd expect you to make around ~$355 for the setup :thumbsdown_anim: I'm sorry if this isn't what you expected, it is just my opinion though.

This is how much I could buy that system for new locally.

$120 for the CPU.

$70 for the motherboard.

$70 for the 1GB DDR2 ram.

$40 for the dvdrw.

$60 for the SATA hard drive

$20 for the DVDrom.

$40 for the case and power supply.

$420 before tax.

I can understand that....but for someone who has MESSED AND MESSED with OSx86 and tried to get it working. Its a good deal....honestly Im not going to sell it, but i wanted to know what you guys would say, i know it wouldn't be a high price. Im going to try the referrals program instead of saving up for 4 months to get a Macbook. But thanks anyway....

Peace

In a similar vein, can people give me some idea of how much I should look for for the following system:

Intel D945GTLPR Mobo (firewire, sound, onboard LAN working)

Onboard GMA950 (fully supported)

Pentium D 920 (2.8Ghz dual core, 2Mb cache per core)

GeCube Radeon X1800XL PCI-E 256Mb (working under Boris method)

1Gb Corsair VS DDR2-667 RAM (2x512Mb in dual-channel mode)

160Gb SATA-3

500W PSU

DVD RW (black)

all in a nice black case

All working very nicely with 10.4.6 (havent tried 10.4.7 yet, but I assume it'll work).

Any ideas?

probably getting a macbook so tell me what this is worth:

intel 915gag gma 900

p4 640/ht 3.2 ghz

2 gig ddr ram

sony dl dvdrw

80 gig sata barracuda

40 gig pata

radeon x300 qe/ci 256 mb hypermemory

350 watt psu

and its only been used for two weeks