AppleNForceATA x32/x64 new SL version recompiled.

sulphide

64 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I get the KP "Out of 32kb Range" with these kexts listed:

IOATABlockStorage(Being a plugin of IOATAFamily)

IOATAFamily

IOStorageFamily

IOPCIFRamily

If I install this kext do I need to delete the kexts listed above first or just go ahead and install it as is. I am running OS X(MacPro 3.1 - [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].tonymacx86.com - 10.6.7 - Kernel 10.7)

eVga 780i

Intel C2Q Q9450

40GB Seagate IDE Drive(not partitioned - stand alone disk for OS X)

BenQ 1655 IDE DVD Burner

6GB BallistiX

Gigabyte Ethernet(Marvell 88E116)

On Brd Sound

Logiteck USB Keybrd

Rocatt Kone USB Mouse

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
SATA HDD Freezing when copying files especially large ones. System just locks up and stoping respond. How i can fix this?

Have you solved this problem? I also have it. its the one where it runs when u have only 1 core activated but with 4 the spinning colored ball appears and nothing works anymore right?

SATA HDD Freezing when copying files especially large ones. System just locks up and stoping respond. How i can fix this?

Have you solved this problem? I also have it. its the one where it runs when u have only 1 core activated but with 4 the spinning colored ball appears and nothing works anymore right?

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE (~TSK~ @ May 1 2011, 12:29 AM)

QUOTE (~TSK~ @ May 1 2011, 12:29 AM)

Hi Guys,

This is my first post for this forum. Recently I installed MAC OS X Lion 10.7.2 on my desktop computer based on EVGA 680i SLI with Intel Quad Q6600, 6GB of RAM, NVidia 7300 GS 256MB and 5 internal HDDs (all SATA II 3Gb/s)

After one week of hard work I finally succeed with the Lion installation but (there is a but) like other users in this forum I've started having the issue with the spinning colored ball and nothing works anymore except cold reboot and start over.

This is happening almost every time when I try copying big files or having a very intense hard drive activity.

My question is: is there any kind of solution for this annoying problem?

Thank you.

Zed

I currently use:

- boot in i386 (I get KP with x86_64)

- AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext

- all 6GB of RAM in use

- dual screen (RGB + DVI) with my Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS (display sleep mode work well for RGB connection but keeps sleep/awake every few seconds on DVI connection!)

Please let me know if any other info needed.

• 3 weeks later...

My question is: is there any kind of solution for this annoying problem?

Still have the same problem with SATA. Please, guru, help us. If you need any logs or debug info, i can give it.

• 2 years later...

I made some changes to this driver:

1)Added support for mcp 78s 

2)Added support for mcp 67

3)Added support for mcp 2A

4)Added support for mcp 89

both ide and sata works fine on this chipsets now

Also compiled for 64 bit with 10.9 sdk

There are sources and compiled kext (build/release)

AppleNForceATA_Mavericks.zip

PS: Install it in to /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

• Like 1

I made some changes to this driver:

1)Added support for mcp 78s 

2)Added support for mcp 67

3)Added support for mcp 2A

4)Added support for mcp 89

both ide and sata works fine on this chipsets now

Also compiled for 64 bit with 10.9 sdk

There are sources and compiled kext (build/release)

attachicon.gifAppleNForceATA_Mavericks.zip

So all SATA hard drives and optical drives work 100% with this kext? No spinnging ball of death or anything?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello,

thanks for your Kext AppleNForceATA_Mavericks.
After Installation to /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins
in Maverick I received the message that 4 interfaces was found am.

Under Yosemite with same installation (Hardware) to
/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins receive I the message that only 2 interfaces are found.

I need a Kext for the nForce 570 SLI.

Can you help me?

System:
AMD Socket
Asus, M2N-SLI Deluxe
NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI

post-1439641-0-55467200-1417200440_thumb.jpg

post-1439641-0-73384300-1417200451_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I can install and see my HDD only with this kext, but on Yosemite i have strange problem with usb that stop to working suddenly while i use the os. Maybe there is need a AppleNforceATA optimized for Yosemite? Now i try to install Mavericks and see if i have the same problem. 

• 3 weeks later...

imk produced a working 64bit AppleNForceATA kext (that copes with RAM > 3GB too but also does not enable SATA DVDRW operation) version of the MeDevil for original kext, for all OS X 64 bit system versions to date, i.e Snow Leopard through to Yosemite......see here to download AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext.......:)

• Like 1

imk produced a working 64bit AppleNForceATA kext (that copes with RAM > 3GB too but also does not enable SATA DVDRW operation) version of the MeDevil for original kext, for all OS X 64 bit system versions to date, i.e Snow Leopard through to Yosemite......see here to download AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext....... :)

I use presently AppleNForceATA.imkbit.kext -MeDevil for original kext AND ink for the working64bit version, however we with this version only insufficiently Yosemite supported, Maverick functioned without larger problems

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/206494-applenforceata-x32x64-new-sl-version-recompiled/?p=2090130

System:

AMD Socket

Asus, M2N-SLI Deluxe

NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI