Poll Because of OSX86 I Will Buy A Mac?

I will buy a mac becuase of x86.org and hacks  

188 members have voted

1. 1. I will buy a mac because of OSX86

• I will buy a mac because of OSX86
    • I will buy a mac becuase of OSX86 but not now as there will be better machines when newer chips come out and 2nd Rev. are always better and present offerings have to many problems
    • I will NOT buy a mac as the price to performance ratio is not good and my machine is just as good.
    • The "Elite" Hardware image Apple had is gone right now, so NO, no mac's for me yet!

28 posts in this topic

I actually used a MyZar 10.4.5 image on my 2003 model Alienware Area-51m in the days before I convinced my dad that the MacBook was the notebook for me for college. He was glad I chose a Mac instead of the 2k Dell D820 I was looking at and I am now too, OS X couldn't be better, and all that learning I did for like 2 weeks convinced me that OS X would be even better on real Apple hardware and I love it, and my iPod works better with OS X and so does iTunes and widescreen is awesome etc.. etc...

I want to sell my current C2D E6400; 2GB DDR2800; 1TB HDD; 2x 7800GTX SLI; X-Fi based desktop for a real Mac desktop as well. I want a Mac desktop so bad I'd give up a custom machine that I've been upgrading and watercooling and overclocking and customizing and stuff since the 9th grade till now (freshman in college) to get it. The best part is that even by giving up this PC for a real Mac desktop, I still get to use all the best parts of windows, aka, all of it using BookCamp if I ever need to use Windows for my CompSci projects and stuff. It's really cool that WinXP and Vista run natively on Apple hardware now and I don't care about the price premium of Apple computers compared to equivalent PC's either. I would rather pay money for a well designed, well built, stylish Mac, than spend the time picking the right heatsink and thermal paste to increase my performance in games.

Since getting my MacBook I've quit gaming on the PC altogether and I've exclusively to console gaming, where it should be anyway. My computer is for work and some other movie/music entertainment things, while my TV is for TV/Movies/Games etc.. there.

It helps me seperate a bit of it, and the iTV from Apple in the Spring and OS X Leopard will only make things better! I'm so excited for Apple's future and how it's all going, MSFT has this copy OS they call Vista that while is cool for all it's rewrites, it's really what they should have done with XP in the first place.

Well I think most people know my story,but for those of you that don't.

I never used a Mac or Mac os before I found this forum and osx86.

I thought it was great and I had finally found my out from MS and Windows.

I like Mac OS 10 so much I did my best to bring it to other people ( With the best support I could give ) so they could try it also.

I see a good portion of those people that have tried it now own Macs,add me to that list . I received my Mac Pro this week. No computer I have built from myself or ever used can compete with this.

OsX86 was great ! A Mac Is the Best !!