Ati

cliveren131

59 posts in this topic

Ok so my HIS radeon hd4760 1 gig video card just showed up from newegg its part of thier pre-black friday deal of 64.99 a really big card, anyway plugged it in to my jetway mobo i31gm4 a real good solid board im using SL 10.6.2 it booted connected via a dvi to hdmi cable no pic at first so i ran a hdmi to hdmi cable instead and everything booted up fine i was amazed here is a screen shot

radeon.tiff

Hi I have an gigabyte 4670 1gig and I cant for everything in the world make it work, how did you make yours work?

I spent more than 18 hours and like 5 reinstalls trying to make it work, so I would be really thankful if you would help me out.

The only thing i did was plug the card in i updated to 10.6.2 i was using an nvidia Gefore 94gt 512 before with pc efi 10.5 i took a chance and ordered this HIS card because it was on sale if it didnt work i would have put in my win7 desktop pc dvi to hdmi didnt work but a straight hdmi cable worked fine i was surprised maybe its the brand of card i didnt do anything special i looked at apple,s site and it said it radeon hd4670 so i took a chance and i guess it paid off very fast card 1 gig memory

Thanks cliveren131

I think I have tried with a straight hdmi but I had x2000.kext panics no matter what I did.

now I'm becoming unsure if I did right with the boot file.

had chameleon rc3 and used netkas bootfile in root but still got the panics.

I also have a 1 gig card but I have ddr3 do you have ddr3 or gddr3 or do you even think it matters?

Thanks cliveren131

I think I have tried with a straight hdmi but I had x2000.kext panics no matter what I did.

now I'm becoming unsure if I did right with the boot file.

had chameleon rc3 and used netkas bootfile in root but still got the panics.

I also have a 1 gig card but I have ddr3 do you have ddr3 or gddr3 or do you even think it matters?

HIS H467QS1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail this is the card i have its sold out on newegg it was their pre-black friday sale i took a chance and it worked

@embiROLLER

I think you are doing it right. We are on the same boat except that I had 4650. After a series of complete new reinstalls and scratches in the head, I concluded that NOT all 4xxx cards work in 10.6.2. I also noticed that only specific models work.

I thank cliveren131 for reporting this card to work.

I also hope that some other people who has 46xx cards will report their experience. Including the exact model/brand of the card so we can make a mini HCL 4xxx list.

As far as I can tell and share, the Asus EAH4650 1gb DDR2 does NOT work. Others reported it too.

I returned it to Newegg and I'll wait for a fix or for others to report which brand works or not - and maybe I'll order again in the future.

Cheers

dammit I bought my card way before I heard of hackintoshes then I fixed my laptop up with only a little trouble and by the time I was about to get hackintosh parts they announced support for 4670 so I was really happy for the extra savings but it seams like I'll have to sell it or soimething and ill prob buy a used 8800. Anyways I use gigabyte 4670 1gig ddr3 with the zalman cooler and the prod number GV-R467ZL-1GI if anybody else who has a card wonders why their gigabyte 4670 doesn't work. if I access my memory it seams like a lot of sapphire and his card works so i'll check around and look for a working card. thanks for the replys! =)

Well Neweggs black friday deals started at 3pm today that HIS card was sold out but i see they have it back now for the same 64.99 with a rebate just ordered another one for my other box

cliveren I have the same card but can't get mine to work. Would you mind posting a kextstat and a copy of your com.apple.boot.plist so that I can compare. thanks

dammit I bought my card way before I heard of hackintoshes then I fixed my laptop up with only a little trouble and by the time I was about to get hackintosh parts they announced support for 4670 so I was really happy for the extra savings but it seams like I'll have to sell it or soimething and ill prob buy a used 8800. Anyways I use gigabyte 4670 1gig ddr3 with the zalman cooler and the prod number GV-R467ZL-1GI if anybody else who has a card wonders why their gigabyte 4670 doesn't work. if I access my memory it seams like a lot of sapphire and his card works so i'll check around and look for a working card. thanks for the replys! =)

It really sucks huh :D Maybe you can still keep your card for a month, hoping that someone will think of a fix. I just returned mine because of the 30-day return policy. In your case, just wait because it will be awful to sell your 4670 at a lower marketed price and then later find out that it would work. That would make you feel very bad .. lol.

That is just my 2 cents :D

Good luck.

yeah I know it would really suck, but I already invested 430 or so dollars in the rest of the machine and I havent upgraded memory yet, hopefully ill earn enough for a 4890 or something and be upgrading instead of kind of downgrading depending on wich 8800 il get. =//

anyways I was planning on buying a used card and hold on to the 4670 for two weeks or so and if they fix it all just sell the 8800 again not losing to much.

btw damn newegg is cheap but I live in sweden and last time I checked they didn't ship internationally. =(

Hi to all !

My experience with a Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 512 Mb GDDR3 equipped with D-Sub (vga), HDMI and DVI connectors:

- SL 10.6.2 + chameleon 2 rc3 + boot beta + vanilla kexts = kp on x2000.kext

- SL 10.6.2 + chameleon 2 rc3 + boot 10.5 + vanilla kexts = all ok but video out only on D-Sub (VGA) connector

- SL 10.6.2 +chameleon 2 rc3 + boot beta + 4600.kext (irc.osx86) in extra/extensions = all ok but video out only on HDMI connector.

Cheers

motrix thank you for sharing !!!!!!!

My Saphire ATI 4670 dual-DVI now works with DVI2VGA dongle at native resolution and all QE/CI goodies. My problem was not using PC EFI 10.5 and only switching between 10.3 and 10.5 Beta.

Downloaded correct boot file from netkas

http://netkas.org/?cat=5

and my system is setup as follows

1. GraphicsEnabler must be set to y in com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Replaced Chameleon2 boot file with PC EFI 10.5 from netkas

3. all vanilla ATI kexts

4. SL 10.6.2 kernel 10.2.0

post-216882-1259287689_thumb.png

well I just bought a xfx 8800gts so I'll survive for now, think its faster anyway but takes up alot more space and I dont know If my 450w corsair will be able to power it under preassure. but its recognized 1920x1080 =D

Wish I bought a sapphire 4670 =( but enough grieving this one has no problems atleast. and it was a bargain price so i'm good, except for those 16 or so hours wasted. ^^

Can someone else report working 4670 card (besides and including) HIS and Saphire brand?

I finally got my HIS 4670 working using netkas' betabooter and kext files DVI2DVI. Thank you netkas.

EDIT: I went back and removed the the kext files and instead used the Vanilla kexts and it works so all I am using at this point is the netkas betabooter. Also I have to have my monitor plugged into the second DVI port it wouldn't work if I booted up with it plugged into the first one. So if you are getting the black screen try using the other dvi port it just might work. Also I had to boot up using the second dvi port, if I booted using the first port and then tried to move the connection to the second port I still had a black screen.

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 4670 Series

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9490

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

My Sapphire 4670 is working too. Vanilla kexts, pc efi 10.5 boot loader. Only works (so far) through DVI with something plugged into HDMI.

I'm getting mouse jumps and stutters which I wasn't before though. Very annoying. Any ideas anyone?

My Sapphire 4670 is working too. Vanilla kexts, pc efi 10.5 boot loader. Only works (so far) through DVI with something plugged into HDMI.

I'm getting mouse jumps and stutters which I wasn't before though. Very annoying. Any ideas anyone?

Did you try both boot file versions 10.5 and 10.5Beta ?

When I was testing my setup

10.5 worked with vanilla kexts

10.5Beta liked netkas modified kexts better

Ok so my HIS radeon hd4760 1 gig video card just showed up from newegg its part of thier pre-black friday deal of 64.99 a really big card, anyway plugged it in to my jetway mobo i31gm4 a real good solid board im using SL 10.6.2 it booted connected via a dvi to hdmi cable no pic at first so i ran a hdmi to hdmi cable instead and everything booted up fine i was amazed here is a screen shot

See that post

My Saphire ATI 4670 dual-DVI now works with DVI2VGA dongle at native resolution and all QE/CI goodies. My problem was not using PC EFI 10.5 and only switching between 10.3 and 10.5 Beta.

3. all vanilla ATI kexts

1. I will edit com.apple.Boot.plist (google is my friend to do this step)

2. I muont the EFI Volume and replace that bot archive. Its the right thing to do?

3. When I can find this extensions vanilla ATI Kexts

4. My leopard is 10.6.2 and kernel is 10.2.0 (nothing to do here)

and my ATI HD 4670 is an PowerColor dual dvi + s-video output

motrix thank you for sharing !!!!!!!

3. all vanilla ATI kexts

1. I will edit com.apple.Boot.plist (google is my friend to do this step)

2. I muont the EFI Volume and replace that bot archive. Its the right thing to do?

3. When I can find this extensions vanilla ATI Kexts

4. My leopard is 10.6.2 and kernel is 10.2.0 (nothing to do here)

and my ATI HD 4670 is an PowerColor dual dvi + s-video output

ITs Working!!!!!!!

with boot netkas 10.5 published in the post below.

ATIRadeonX2000.kext

and typing "GraphicsEnabler"="yes" on the boot prompt

Function in 64 bits and 32 bits.

I need to use a dongle DVI2VGA but ok !!!

PowerColor ATI HD 4670 521 Mb DDR, dual dvi but just test a div one with dongle DIV2VGA

With QE/QI working fully and beauty!!!!!!

Thanks

I love .. love .... love yours .........

so what macos disc did you use for this?

sorry for the nooby question, even if someone replies retail disc + whatever

just a start point will be great, and google will be my next stop haha

Retail = Snow Leopard = 46xx cards only (does not work in Leo)